Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uneventful situations which cause a KERFUFFLE in the work place

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What BORING events are HIGHTENED into a state of mass hysteria in your work place?

We've just ran out of coffee cups. I had to explain I was being sarcastic when I claimed it was a 'crisis' as some others AGREED.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
35 out of about 180 people being made redundant where I work at the mo. God you wouldn't believe how people have been going on.....

What a KERFUFFLE over NOTHING.

Last edited:

Being stood at the coffee machine at the exact moment production go on a break, they go postal at that and I have made it a mission to be there at least once a week.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We share a kitchen with a couple of other companies.

I would say it was a notch below MASS PANIC when it was discovered we had accidentally washed up someone else's teaspoon and brought it back with the rest of our cutlery.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Running out of MILK, utter CARNAGE.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Guys in our office have not learnt the full functionalities of a toilet yet. Many still don't know there is a flush mechanism. To be fair it's actually annoying flushing other peoples waste down the toilet before I deposit mine.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We have a draw full of knifes but seemingly no forks.

This caused quite the conversation around the water cooler I can tell you.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Someone in my office is a bit OCD about germs, so if anyone sneezes or coughs he drops what he's doing and leaves the room for a few minutes

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wow. People are now writing their NAMES on the last used disposable cups so that 'someone doesn't take' theirs.

This has gone up a notch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We had some new company courtesy cards made up after we "re-branded" the business logo. When they arrived, they were printed on a glossy-style card which basically meant it was a right BUMCAKE to try and write on it with a biro. The ink just don't stick, see ? Sales Ledger went into MELTDOWN, various consultants had a right old whinge about it, and by the end of the week, the woman in Facilities who had ordered the useless cards received one complaint too many. The final straw had arrived, the donkeys back was duley broken, she was reduced to a snotty, grizzling MESS at her desk, and was led away sobbing by the bird in HR for a motivational chat in the womens toilets.

We all looked at each other, nonplussed.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We have a tuck shop in our office kitchen, chocolate bars, crisps, cans etc. There was a point a few weeks ago when we completely ran out of crisps AND chocolate bars, when Armageddon comes I reckon it will get a similar reaction to that moment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Running out of MILK, utter CARNAGE.

This.

And the cold, hard stares aimed at the selfish bastards who come back to their desks with their cereal SWIMMING in the stuff.

Not to mention the people who leave about 2mm of milk in the bottom of the bottle and put it back in the fridge. There are times whn I've seen about FIVE BOTTLES left like that, and a new one just opened.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I got a rollicking for writing 'kind regards' to some potential clients and a dressing down for protesting and querying email decorum.

Definitely made the right decision to leave that firm, even if things did go a little pear shaped afterwards.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
If you DARE to re-fill the photocopier and not put the EMPTY BOX in the right place afterwards, it really gets on their jam-rag.

We've had several emails circulated complaining about it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not filling the dishwasher and turning it on at the end of the day. Causes major ructions and many emails to be sent the next day. Utterly ridiculous and I now find myself deliberately not doing it at night just to get a reaction. Admittedly it only seems to be the women who have a major breakdown over it.

And the other day a major hissy fit from one of our high maintenance female employees as somebody had used her margerine despite her name being written on the side of it!! How very dare they!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here