Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under rated Bands

Free. They got attention for a couple of their singles, but Led Zep stole their thunder in the albums market imo. Tons of Sobs is at least as good as LZ1, and PlantPage nicked from it - and it predates LZ1, (in case that's disputable to any sensitive Zepfans).

EMF. After their unbelievable hit, they released a superior album and faded away.

Neds Atomic Dustbin. The indie tossers all getting raggedy-rabbi hairstyles to look like The Stone Roses or Charlatans couldn't get along with anything heavy.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
OMD

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Shop Assistants - superb gig down the old Brighton Poly in the mid-80's, fantastic one & only album then disappeared. Three Scottish birds + 1 bloke.

That Petrol Emotion were damned fine too.

Jul 20, 2003
Guided By Voices
American Music Club
Spain
American Analogue Set
Smog
Green On Red
Throwing Muses
Tindersticks
The National

I could go on

and I will

Nude Nudes
Ultra Vivid Scene
Men Of Sussex
Big Star
The Cranes
The Blue Aeroplanes
Red House Painters
Sun Kil Moon

etc. etc.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
El Presidente said:
The Anti Nowhere League are playing the Uni soon, might pop down and see them, it will be different to when I last saw them at the Top Rank

Was that back in the early 80s when they supported The Damned and Animal pissed off the top level onto the crowd below, great gig also Brightons finest Peter and the Test Tube Babies were also in support that evening.

Underrated

Splodgeanessabounds

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Barenaked Ladies
Ian Dury and the Blockheads
(at the risk of being flamed) Marillion (if you get past Kayleigh that is)

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Kaz said:
Soul Asylum, although big in the States

Blur, still seen as some teeny bopper thing, which they were for one album. Listening to their albums in order is like listneing to the stages of life, and tried to be different on each one.

Graham Coxon

Agree with all of the above but Showaddywaddy are the greatest and most under rated band of all time. Bopping along to Pretty little angel eyes as I type:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Just listening to The Sound again. Now there's a criminally overlooked band. They should have been as big as New Order, the Bunnymen or U2. "...From The Lion's Mouth" is as good as any album released in the early 80s, but almost no one bought it.

Curiously they were very big in Holland, but nowhere else. I've had people here offer me very large sums of money for my original UK label vinyl...

Their Dutch fame didn't stop singer Adrian Borland getting depressed by the lack of success and throwing himself under a train. Silly sod. :down:

Even the crap sound quality on these can't totally mask how good they were live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej9cn8FKiu0&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ65hPcZA9U&mode=related&search=

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here