Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under rated Bands

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Someone told me Nine Below Zero were underrated, I went to see them at the Concorde once but went deaf as they started and then had ringing ears for the entire next day - so I still couldn't tell you!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A-HA

If you actually bother to get one of their albums especially the recent ones and listen without predujice you would actually realise they are great song writers with a lead singer with a superb falsetto voice and good musicians rather than live your insular critical ill judged ill educated uniformed life

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stay Another Day is infact one of the most under rated songs ever written in my humble opinion FACT

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Soul Asylum, although big in the States

Blur, still seen as some teeny bopper thing, which they were for one album. Listening to their albums in order is like listneing to the stages of life, and tried to be different on each one.

Graham Coxon

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Uncle Spielberg said:
A-HA

If you actually bother to get one of their albums especially the recent ones and listen without predujice you would actually realise they are great song writers with a lead singer with a superb falsetto voice and good musicians rather than live your insular critical ill judged ill educated uniformed life

I could take you up on the offer if you could lend me a teenage girl or a homosexual to go into HMV and buy it for me. Else I'd have to borrow Mrs Wildy Ears paper bag. Forever.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Always rated Graham Parker and the Rumour.:clap: Saw at the Dome in 82/83 never really made here,was told did well in USA ?:albion:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Chameleons

Latin Quarter

Red Guitars

Sisters of Mercy

The Members

Easterhouse

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
malcolm prescott said:

Top work fella. I met the great Johnny Marr at a party once and he spent half the time telling me tour stories about going on tour with Matt 'Mad as a Hat' Johnson. Infected is a magnificent piece of work.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The Auteurs and The Charlatans are 2 great shouts.

Shed Seven were a bag of shit though (I recently sold thier CD at a car boot for 50p) and Spielberg must be taking the piss with A-ha unless he's talking about the Partridge catchphrase.

I'd like to nominate Kula Shaker & Suede as well as The Longpigs and Mansun which chappers kindly reminded me of on the albums thread the other day. The Longpigs cheered up my journey home from Slough no end.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here