Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncharted 2 on PS3 - game of the year

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
have a good feeling this and the new COD will be the top dogs this year, altho ill be playing the new cod on pc as i cant play fps on a console :(
i would also say bioshock 2 but the previous version's praise ran out very quickly once people got bored of it, which was too soon

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
42118_Uncharted2-02_normal.jpg

Forgot to add. That guys shit. Shoot him in the knee cap. :shootself

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
have a good feeling this and the new COD will be the top dogs this year, altho ill be playing the new cod on pc as i cant play fps on a console :(
i would also say bioshock 2 but the previous version's praise ran out very quickly once people got bored of it, which was too soon

Yeah but did you play it through?

It was absolutely phenomenal. Average of 96% on metacritic.

I tell you what game embodied "praise ran out very quickly"

Grand Theft Auto 4. Everyone went MENTAL over this game when it came out, then quickly realised they'd gone a bit over the top.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I just won't have enough hours in the day.
I'm already immersed in GTA, Haze and Tomb Raider on the PS3.Then there's the wondrous Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii, which is probably the greatest sporting video game of all time on any format. Then there's the blu-ray DVD's to watch.

God I wish I was unemployed.

:wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Downloaded it over the weekend.
You only get the on-line game, and at 9pm last night nobody wanted to play with me. :down:

So I still don't know what it's like.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Downloaded it over the weekend.
You only get the on-line game, and at 9pm last night nobody wanted to play with me. :down:

So I still don't know what it's like.

Please clarify. Uncharted 2? On PS3? What is the online mode? Just team deathmatch games? Is it unlimited play with limited scenes/weapons, etc?

Sorry if you don't know due to not actually playing...

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Please clarify. Uncharted 2? On PS3? What is the online mode? Just team deathmatch games? Is it unlimited play with limited scenes/weapons, etc?

Sorry if you don't know due to not actually playing...

its a beta tester as far as i understand, with team games. i believe like death matches etc.

when i tried to log on last night, no one else was available to play :(

anyone fancy a game tonight? see what its like.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
its a beta tester as far as i understand, with team games. i believe like death matches etc.

when i tried to log on last night, no one else was available to play :(

anyone fancy a game tonight? see what its like.

Might set this to download whilst I'm out and give it a go later.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeah but did you play it through?

It was absolutely phenomenal. Average of 96% on metacritic.

I tell you what game embodied "praise ran out very quickly"

Grand Theft Auto 4. Everyone went MENTAL over this game when it came out, then quickly realised they'd gone a bit over the top.

Yes bioshocks a great game, bu bioshock 2 is being made by 3 different development teams, none of them the original team, and i firmly believe it wont be as good as the first. Cod will be a good game bu still doesnt deserve goty as all its done is rehashed the old game, whereas uncharted 2 has everything cod has, but a better story, graphics, sound, animations, and in my opinion, gameplay

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Have you played both games?

Naturally, Uncharted had the better story, graphics, sound, animations. Cod 6 has added very little tangebale stuff to the series, whereas Uncharted 2 has taken an already brilliant game to a whole new level in an aweful lot of ways

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Just played this online. Thought it was absolutely wank. Nothing compared to COD. Activision have nothing to be worried about.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
"Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant." - Games Radar

"A veritable master class of all-round game development." - Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)

"It's easily one of the best games on the system, blending fantastic presentation and visuals with gameplay that is practically second to none. " - IGN

"Naughty Dog has delivered a generation-defining experience that is worthy of buying/borrowing/stealing a PS3." - Total Video Games

"Unless you're born without thumbs, eyes or a sense of humour, it's obvious that Uncharted 2 is a 10/10 game after two minutes of the first level..." - Playstation Official Magazine UK

"Thought it was absolutely wank." - Some kid in Brighton

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
"Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant." - Games Radar

"A veritable master class of all-round game development." - Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)

"It's easily one of the best games on the system, blending fantastic presentation and visuals with gameplay that is practically second to none. " - IGN

"Naughty Dog has delivered a generation-defining experience that is worthy of buying/borrowing/stealing a PS3." - Total Video Games

"Unless you're born without thumbs, eyes or a sense of humour, it's obvious that Uncharted 2 is a 10/10 game after two minutes of the first level..." - Playstation Official Magazine UK

"Thought it was absolutely wank." - Some kid in Brighton

:lol:

literally made me L.O.L

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here