Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncharted 2 on PS3 - game of the year

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
42118_Uncharted2-02_normal.jpg

Okay, I think we can safely say that Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is videogame of the year.

Picking up maximum marks in the majority of reviews...

Uncharted 2 (PS3) reviews at Metacritic.com

"It takes elements from a lot of games - the exploration of Tomb Raider, climbing of Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed, combat from Gears of War and stealth from Splinter Cell, yet it amalgamates all of these elements perfectly into one package. You can't compare it to any other game."

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Looking forward to this game sooo much! This first was class and this should be even better. It's one of those games where you feel like you're also in a movie. Brilliant! :banana:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just won't have enough hours in the day.
I'm already immersed in GTA, Haze and Tomb Raider on the PS3.Then there's the wondrous Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii, which is probably the greatest sporting video game of all time on any format. Then there's the blu-ray DVD's to watch.

God I wish I was unemployed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Then there's the wondrous Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii, which is probably the greatest sporting video game of all time on any format.

Steady on now. It's hardly Mario Kart 64. NOTHING is as good as Mario Kart 64.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good as it is (and I have it on the Wii), I wouldn't exactly have Mario Kart down as a sports game as such.

See that's the problem with real life racing (F1 etc). It's so boring and strategic. 40-odd laps!

Make it 3 laps, give everyone weapons. EVERYONE would watch it then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
See that's the problem with real life racing (F1 etc). It's so boring and strategic. 40-odd laps!

It would be good fun to see Lewis Hamilton take out Alonso on the last lap by hurling a giant red shell at him, I must admit.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

They've already taken one step towards that with the KERS system which is basically the same as getting a mushroom on Mario Kart.

I've heard rumours that they are going to be attaching banana skin deployers on the back of some teams cars next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's also going to be a "team orders crash" facility introduced, whereby the drivers steering wheel is suddenly taken over by a sophisticated remote control system which will enable team owners to ram their drivers car into the pit wall, should the need arise.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Brilliant game, far and away better thn cod6, hich will unfortunately (wrongly) take all the the titles this year, i dont see how regurgiatating a 2 year old game in a different setting should win any awards but there you go, and hey, some idiots will even pay £55 for it, Uncharted 2 is £20 cheaper

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Brilliant game, far and away better thn cod6, hich will unfortunately (wrongly) take all the the titles this year, i dont see how regurgiatating a 2 year old game in a different setting should win any awards but there you go, and hey, some idiots will even pay £55 for it, Uncharted 2 is £20 cheaper

Have you played both games?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reasons I'm jealous of PS3 owners:

LittleBigPlanet. That is all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whats that game all about then ? I see it knocking around all over the place, but it just looks a bit...."kiddified" for my liking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here