Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unbelievable - Lucas advocates the use of recreational drugs

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Brilliant stuff; so glad I've moved into her constituency from Tory Hove.

It's about time an MP stood up for the overwhelming social and scientific evidence that making criminals of drug users has no positive effects, rather than being stuck in the past.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
brilliant stuff; so glad i've moved into her constituency from tory hove.

It's about time an mp stood up for the overwhelming social and scientific evidence that making criminals of drug users has no positive effects, rather than being stuck in the past.

this

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nothing that other politicians from all parties are saying. the "war on drugs" is a failure, evidenced by the fact they are so easily come by. time to rethink.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Brilliant stuff; so glad I've moved into her constituency from Tory Hove.

It's about time an MP stood up for the overwhelming social and scientific evidence that making criminals of drug users has no positive effects, rather than being stuck in the past.

Wise words from Lucas.

A question, HB&B, do you think the current system works?

This times two. It is abundantly clear to anyone with half a brain that the current system does not work. Drugs if legalised will be regulated so they are as safe as they can be, plus they will rake in millions of pounds in tax.

Sep 1, 2010
I would rather just have a man made islands built and put them all on that. I have no liberal tendancies on this at all.

D

Deleted User X18H

Wise words from Lucas.

A question, HB&B, do you think the current system works?

All I know is that certain drugs are illegal to use without a prescription, for a reason. And they fund terrorism. Or is that dodgy DVD's?

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
does she really advocate the use of recreational drugs or does she advocate that recreational usage should not be criminalised. seems a good idea to get this type of debate into the limelight.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Another misleading reactionary thread title from NSC's resident right wing loudmouth prick.

If you do not agree with the article, why not pen a reasoned response instead of bleating on here that the woman who defeated your beloved Tory candidate is some kind of mentalist?

It's boring frankly.

As others have stated already, this is a very sensible and logical way of thinking on what is a serious issue for this city.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Recreational drugs being illegal helps nobody. What it does do is drive it underground, thus making it expensive and in turn makes users mug and steal shit in order to get their fix. Personally, I'm all in favour of anything that means it's less likely a junkie will break into my house. Numerous studies have shown that giving pure medicinal grade diamorphine to addicts under controlled conditions (ie administered by their GP daily) gets them off of the stuff and they can hold down jobs and don't have to resort to burglary or worse. But these studies have had hardly any media coverage because it's too controversial to go against conventional "drugs are bad, sending drug users to jail will stop them taking drugs" wisdom. The simple fact is though that this does not work and the numbers of drug related crimes committed every day across the UK proves this. There HAS to be a better way, I just can't accept that this broken system is the way to continue.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why does the Argus publish only her picture and not that of Brighton "top Cop" Chief Superintendent Graham Bartlett, as well?

I suppose the local rozzers also fall into Hove Bed and Breakfasts namby pamby wishy washy tree hugger clique as well

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I do differ here as using drugs within moderation is fine provided soft drugs however the trouble is the youth can normally not define moderation.

Sep 1, 2010
It'd have to be a f***ing big island.

That is true! TBH, it is more of the scag head thieving dregs that piss me off. It is a big issue of course but there is an element of the darker side drug users that quite frankly are total scum. I have had to deal with them in a previous job and some of them are just not even worth being on this planet.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I do differ here as using drugs within moderation is fine provided soft drugs however the trouble is the youth can normally not define moderation.

I don't think minors should be allowed drugs as there is evidence that a number of them can stop the brain developing "normally". Having them illegal makes it much harder to monitor what teenaged are doing though.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That is true! TBH, it is more of the scag head thieving dregs that piss me off. It is a big issue of course but there is an element of the darker side drug users that quite frankly are total scum. I have had to deal with them in a previous job and some of them are just not even worth being on this planet.
Who are a) in a tiny minority and b)can't be treated due to the illegality of what they do.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This times two. It is abundantly clear to anyone with half a brain that the current system does not work. Drugs if legalised will be regulated so they are as safe as they can be, plus they will rake in millions of pounds in tax.

Billions of pounds in tax. BILLIONS.

The USA showed that prohibition merely opens the door to organised crime. It is time for an adult look at what is a huge problem-not the use of recreational drugs, rather the way they get to end users. Personally, I no longer use them but that doesn't mean nobody else should. At the very least there should be a sensible review of 'recreational drugs'. Add prostitution while we're at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here