Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Umpa Lumpa Robinson

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
This thread is typical of Nsc.
McCammon is injured and requiring surgery so let's pick on another player.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
No-one's getting "picked on". Robinson was very poor yesterday, and Kazim-Richards deserves his place now - there's nothing wrong with saying that; his age doesn't make him exempt from constructive criticism.

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Repugnant Toad said:
No-one's getting "picked on". Robinson was very poor yesterday, and Kazim-Richards deserves his place now - there's nothing wrong with saying that; his age doesn't make him exempt from constructive criticism.

Exactly. There is no doubting that Robinson was poor yesterday. There is nothing wrong with saying that - I'm sure he knows anyway.

Slagging players off at the game is another matter though. A player is unlikely to play well if his own fans are jeering him. Give him constructive critisism yes, but having a go at him won't help.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Jake was poor yesterday, and not much better against Sheff U... time for a rest for the boy wonder, IMHO... CKR deserves his chance... what's happenned to El Turi, BTW?...

Yorkie said:
This thread is typical of Nsc.
McCammon is injured and requiring surgery so let's pick on another player.

:D OK, as that for inspiration, let's have an NSC Scapegoats squad for the Albion :clap2:

GK: Henderson - bloody too small and looked dodgy from the off this season, but oh, his missus is fit, so I might change my mind on all that entirely.

RB: El-Abd - useless at Shrewsbury and way too Muslim for my liking, get rid of NOW on loan.
CB: Butters - too old, too slow, too KFC.
CB: Cullip - the biggest bully in football ever, held back an entire generation of Albion kids :angry:
LB: Reid - he's got no left foot so is obviously shit.

RW: Carole - substituted by McGhee yesterday - that CLEARLY means he is not cutting it any more and needs a spell in the reserves to rediscover his form.
CM: Chippy - too old, too slow. Ex-Gills and lives in a caravan, how many ways does that spell PIKEY.
CM: Oatway - park footballer, headless chicken, awful "jokes".
LW: Jarrett - SAKE, this waster couldn't even get in the Stevenge team a few months ago.

CF: McCammon - *so spoilt for choice - insert any of the usual NSC Goon Squad side-splitters*
CF: Kazim-Richards - he's a fecking midfielder from Bury Reserves, how can we play him up front :angry:

BENCH
Chaigneau - you can tell by the way he walks in warm-ups he's useless.
Dodd - Paul Kitson, anyone?
Mayo - earnt a fortune from us and he still wants a tax-free payday, don't we all :angry:
Frutos - shown nothing in his two games to justify his place in the squad
El Turi - £150k and he can't even understand basics like "on me 'ead son" :nono:

Last edited:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Repugnant Toad said:

sorry but I've not read any constructive critisism, just critisism. If it was constructive there would be suggestions on ways he could improve

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Seagullible said:
sorry but I've not read any constructive critisism, just critisism. If it was constructive there would be suggestions on ways he could improve

Hear hear.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Even the thread title is hardly 'constructive'.

As for the scapegoat XI, haven't we forgotten one of the biggest (though not in stature)...

Leon Knight - Too small for a CF, not interested, keeps falling down, want's to leave, falls out with other team members, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jim D said:
Even the thread title is hardly 'constructive'.

As for the scapegoat XI, haven't we forgotten one of the biggest (though not in stature)...

Leon Knight - Too small for a CF, not interested, keeps falling down, want's to leave, falls out with other team members, etc. etc. etc.

Well remembered Jim

B.W. said:
Jake was poor yesterday, and not much better against Sheff U... time for a rest for the boy wonder, IMHO... CKR deserves his chance... what's happenned to El Turi, BTW?...
Agree with that - just couldn't understand why all the comments about not knowing what part of his body the ball will come off next and the like. It will take him longer to adapt to Championship football than CKR for example because of his size/build. But he terrorised Taribo West - star of AC and Inter Milan amongst others.

Looks like he needs a rest - he has shown he is a talent at this level but one who needs to be used in small bursts to begin with.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Seagullible said:

If not constructive, then at least fair - if Oatway, McCammon, Knight etc. play poorly, people say so. So why the moaning when Robinson gets the same? No-one's saying he should be dropped never to return, are they? Kazim-Richards, Jarrett, El Abd, have all been criticised, but aren't they all young players too? It does seem some are rather over-sensitive on behalf of Robinson. If he's going to be the wonderful player most think he will be, he's going to have to get used to it.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Repugnant Toad said:
If not constructive, then at least fair - if Oatway, McCammon, Knight etc. play poorly, people say so. So why the moaning when Robinson gets the same? No-one's saying he should be dropped never to return, are they? Kazim-Richards, Jarrett, El Abd, have all been criticised, but aren't they all young players too? It does seem some are rather over-sensitive on behalf of Robinson. If he's going to be the wonderful player most think he will be, he's going to have to get used to it.

think you get me wrong, I wasn't at the game on sat but felt against Sheffield Utd he wasn't at his best and if he is dropped for CKR then I have no complaints. Playres have off days and will get comments on their performance. What I was pointing out was that he got critisism NOT cunstructive critisism

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
KinkyGoebels said:
and calling leon knight a diving tosser is?

I have to admit Ive seen very few dives this season..in fact he seems to stay on his feet a bit too much !!
In general Im not a Leon fan but this season so far he has been excellent

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jake needs the ball played to feet, or over the top for him to run on to. On Saturday he received little of either.

He did have a poor game, but not because he wasted chances. I still rate him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That missed header cost us taht game, in my opinion. I'm not blaming him but that was a guilt edge chance to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

CKR to start next game on Saturday please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here