Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultravox - Brilliant

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
New album released this week, anyone else really impressed? One of my favourite albums of the year so far, very melodic and 80s sounding. Look it up, ladies and gentlemen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I used to love Ultravox. Is the new album worth investing a tenner of my money ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
£6 on 7digital.com. I recommend it, US. Very enjoyable, and very classic sound. If you like Ultravox, give it a listen. Nothing quite like Hymn on there, but good nonetheless.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
WOW... Midge is back!!! Going straight to torrent now!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Downloaded and listened to the title track.Ooohhhhh thats my music weekend sorted. Thanks Ninj.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You're welcome squire, I was looking for new music and came across it. Absolute gem of an album, I'm really impressed.

The only downside is that it doesn't really have that one anthemic track on there that you know will survive down the years. They must have known when writing and composing Vienna that it was going to become timeless, that sort of inspiration is missing from this album but it's still a fantastic listen.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
sully what torrent site did you get it from i fancy a listen too
oh and ninja (whats the album called so i can look it up )

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
You're welcome squire, I was looking for new music and came across it. Absolute gem of an album, I'm really impressed.

The only downside is that it doesn't really have that one anthemic track on there that you know will survive down the years. They must have known when writing and composing Vienna that it was going to become timeless, that sort of inspiration is missing from this album but it's still a fantastic listen.

I saw them back in 1988 and although I love Ultravox live they were boring, until they did Vienna that was awesome. Will have to check out the new album thanks for the tip.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
thanks mate:)
found torrent and downloaded will give it a listen tomorrow

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
£6 on 7digital.com. I recommend it, US. Very enjoyable, and very classic sound. If you like Ultravox, give it a listen. Nothing quite like Hymn on there, but good nonetheless.

Where you see that? It's showing at £7.99

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Where you see that? It's showing at £7.99

It deffinitely wasn't that price yesterday, it was no more than £6. I bought Alex Clare's album as well, and a couple of singles and it doesn't give a break down of prices. I paid £13 in total.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
[MENTION=21451]ifuhatepalacestandup[/MENTION] [MENTION=5265]Lethargic[/MENTION] [MENTION=2962]SULLY COULDNT SHOOT[/MENTION] [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]

What do we think, Gents? Personally, I absolutely love it and keep listening to it. Best tracks on the album are Lie, Live and Brilliant in that order for me.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
I love Ultravox but I'm really struggling with this album ... it's ok, quite nice to listen to but that's about it.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Brilliant is, quite honestly brilliant!

Also worth a listen is the new Beach Boys album "Thats why God made the radio' - another album thats proves the oldies have still got it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
[MENTION=1201]Box of Frogs[/MENTION], you have called it spot on. The album is still massively growing on me, and I've liked it from the start. It is now my favourite album of the year quite comfortably. It has left me dancing with tears in my eyes that I wasn't around for their musical heyday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here