Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultimate loyalty Brighton or England??

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you had a a football wish, would it be....

a) England win the world cup

b) Brighton win the FA cup

Despite supporting the Albion for 31 years, a) is still the ultimate for me.

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
a) for me too.

I've always taken the view that whilst i was born and have grown up in Brighton, and feel lucky to have done so as it's been a good place to grow up and live in, I am English not Brightonish(!).

I'd class myself as a bit of a diehard Albion fan but I do choose to go and watch England before Brighton when they play on the same day. Not sure what that says about me but i'm certainly in a pretty small minority on this compared with my other mates who support the Albion and neither side can really understand the other, each to their own i suppose.

As it happens how class would it be for both things to happen in the same year, i might just need a trip to rehab after that one!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Brighton winning the cup any day. Engfland winning anything is what really we're expecting. I dont know how you can feel close to a team with millions and millions of supporters? its just a team of big egos and patriotic supporters. Brighton seems to have aload of underdog followers, the type of fans who should be respected and would put a smile on anyones face who sees the passion ad commitment shown by one who could easily stay in and watch rooney on the TV. Of course when the summer competitions begin i'm alot more passionate about England but when its a friendly against lithuania or a group match verses andorra, I'll be honest and admit I'd be happy to see England lose just like I'd be happy to see Chelsea or United lose to Rochdale, I think thats the mentality I've grown whilst loving the Albion, my one and only true love in Football.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Brighton all day long.The club that has given me far more enjoyment and value for money then my national team over the years.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
no contest, b) every time. The Albion provide highs and lows just about every season that tend to end in one of other. England however can be just about guaranteed to cruise through qualifiers, build up your hopes, struggle through the group stage and then go crashing out in an inevitable penalties hulimiation beit Euros or World Cups.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Brighton.
Have huge interest in England winning the world cup but have zero interest in those footballers who we are relying on to do it.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Hmmm

Seeing players such as Kuipers & Crofts (not to mention the home grown players) lifting the F.A cup

Or...

Seeing overpaid toss pots like Terry and Gerrard lifting the world cup, yeah thats a difficult choice :rolleyes:

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
I'd love to see England win the world cup but hate the media feeding frenzy and soap
opera culture that surrounds it

Albion every time

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Brighton all day long.
I'm hoping to see England win the World Cup at some point in my lifetime, just because maybe the country would stop bitching and moaning and actually have a laugh.
But if we won the FA Cup, I would go atomic apeshit.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would take Albion winning the league cup and maybe the Johnsons paint pot cup in front of England.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tricky one, because I really would cuffing LOVE to see England win the World Cup in my lifetime, its one of my ultimate soccerball dreams.
If the question was "would you rather Brighton got promoted, or England win the World Cup ?" then I'd choose England. We've got a shot at promotion (in theory) every season, and I'm quite used to the ups and downs of League football. I know I'll see us go up again at some point, and I know I'll see us relegated again at some point, thats ust how it is. But a World Cup win, one chance every 4 years (IF we qualify)...that really would be special, more special than us going up a division IMO.

HOWEVER
Winning the FA Cup...that would be truley amazing. And unlike the World Cup, I'd actually be there throughout the cup run, there when we win the Semi Final, and there at Wembley for the Final to see us lift the cup. So yes, I think I would put THAT ahead of England winning the World Cup.
Just.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Brighton. I feel closer to the Brighton team than I do the England team.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hmmm

Seeing players such as Kuipers & Crofts (not to mention the home grown players) lifting the F.A cup

Or...

Seeing overpaid toss pots like Terry and Gerrard lifting the world cup, yeah thats a difficult choice :rolleyes:

What makes you think Kuipers isn't as arrogant as Terry and Gerrard, just not as well paid. Go to Haywards Heath and you normally find his 4x4 parked in town on double yellows where ever and when ever he likes.

For me, it would have to be England, by a hairs breadth, but still England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here