Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A) every time

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
fence

I feel very little affinity for the England players unlike the way I unquestionably love the Albion BUT the World Cup. It's such a brilliant competition.

ahhhhhh I don't know

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tricky one, because I really would cuffing LOVE to see England win the World Cup in my lifetime, its one of my ultimate soccerball dreams.
If the question was "would you rather Brighton got promoted, or England win the World Cup ?" then I'd choose England. We've got a shot at promotion (in theory) every season, and I'm quite used to the ups and downs of League football. I know I'll see us go up again at some point, and I know I'll see us relegated again at some point, thats ust how it is. But a World Cup win, one chance every 4 years (IF we qualify)...that really would be special, more special than us going up a division IMO.

HOWEVER
Winning the FA Cup...that would be truley amazing. And unlike the World Cup, I'd actually be there throughout the cup run, there when we win the Semi Final, and there at Wembley for the Final to see us lift the cup. So yes, I think I would put THAT ahead of England winning the World Cup.
Just.
I must admit that's my view as well. And as well as sacrificing a promotion if this season someone said "Albion to stay up or England to win the World Cup?" I'd have absolutely no qualms in condemning us to League Two in order to get a W.C. win. As you say we've been relegated before and we doubtless will be again, but we bounce back and ultimately it's no big deal.

But the FA Cup? I'll never forget 1983 and to go that one step further and WIN it would be amazing. So yeah, FA Cup .... just. Also I do have more of an attachment to Brighton than England, so it will mean more.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Albion every team. Forget winning the fa cup, I would rather we got the double over the scummers this season and stay up comfortably than England win the world cup

i presume you're refering to southampton?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder whether all these people who "couldn't give a toss" about England would actually tune in to watch the World Cup Final if England were in it ? Or would they settle down in front of the Hollyoaks omnibus instead, and perhaps check the score on the news later.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's absoluetly NOTHING irrational about hating Southampton. Its perfectly normal.
Expected, even.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Erm, Brighton for me

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
An Albion FA Cup win would be a remarkable achivement which a few thousand of us would cherish for a lifetime.

An England World Cup win would see millions of plastic fans celebrate... John Terry, fat Frank and the rest get knighted... highlights played ad nauseum for decades...

Oooh, tricky choice - not!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would say both to the same degree. The thing I love about Brighton is that it is my club, they may not be perfect, but I'll always support it.

However, not having grown up in Brighton, I don't really have any Brighton supporting mates. Therefore I love England because I can share the success with my mates.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton, purely the for nights of partying that would follow the win. Celebrating England winning the world cup would eventually lead to mass brawls across the town with the police as the local wankers ruin the evening.

I reckon I felt more pride in Sussex winning the championship than I would England winning the world cup.

Hmm.

Brighton, Sussex, then England.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The world cup is the ultimate trophy, And as much as i would love brighton to win the FA cup, The world cup is a once in a life time and would give us bragging rights over every country in the world for 4 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here