Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ukraine vs England - on the telly ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Does anybody know if the Ukraine vs England game is on the telly next Saturday? I know it kicks off at 4.15pm and I'd like to watch it as I won't be at Yeovil (bad fan).

Saltana would have had it but since they went tits up I'm not aware of any broadcaster showing this. I heard rumours it may be available via the net but does anyone know anything more concrete. I know it's not that important now that we've qualified but I'd still like to see it.

Cheers

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You'll have to get a Sun tomorrow, they're giving their link to the online coverage. :thumbsup: Or the Star. Either way, it'll be online but not on the box, disgracefully. BBC and ITV both had the option, neither took it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Cheers - I've just found the link http://www.ukrainevengland.com/view and seen that you have to register and pay £4.99. As I can link my pc via my 40" LCD that's now what I'll do.

Agree though that it's a disgrace this not being on TV even via satellite - even if the match is meaningless - it's still a full competitive international and not a friendly. Could this be the state of things to come?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Complete and utter joke if you ask me, why should we have to pay to watch our COUNTRY PLAY?
I'm sure their will be a free stream somewhere on Adthe.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Complete and utter joke if you ask me, why should we have to pay to watch our COUNTRY PLAY?
I'm sure their will be a free stream somewhere on Adthe.

Television is never free, unless your parents pay the licence fee.

This is an away game and therefore the foreign football association have complete control over who they see the rights to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I shall be watching Julian Clary in Lord of the Mince, which is nice

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Television is never free, unless your parents pay the licence fee.

This is an away game and therefore the foreign football association have complete control over who they see the rights to.

I Understand this but I still find it outrageous that an England game isn't on English tv, anyone have any information as to why no offers were made for rights?

Regarding T.V License fee, don't get me onto that subject. :rant:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I Understand this but I still find it outrageous that an England game isn't on English tv, anyone have any information as to why no offers were made for rights?

Regarding T.V License fee, don't get me onto that subject. :rant:

So I understand you like television to be free, but still expect a UK channel to pay for it.

How does that work ?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
So I understand you like television to be free, but still expect a UK channel to pay for it.

How does that work ?
f*** sake!!!!!!!!!!!!
Telly is paid for by
T.V. License
Subscription
or for the miracle of ITV- ADVERTISING that means when you buy a can of Heinze Beans you pay a bit that goes to the people who told you BEANZ MEANZ HEINZE on your telly.
That is how Independant Television pays for its content.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
f*** sake!!!!!!!!!!!!
Telly is paid for by
T.V. License
Subscription
or for the miracle of ITV- ADVERTISING that means when you buy a can of Heinze Beans you pay a bit that goes to the people who told you BEANZ MEANZ HEINZE on your telly.
That is how Independant Television pays for its content.

Thanks for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here