Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] UFO Report: US Finds No Explanation For Sightings

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genuine question Harry, why are you so opposed to such thoughts? You only have to scratch the surface of quantum physics or string theory to appreciate that not only is it possible it’s actually probable.

I'm quite open to the idea there is other life in the universe. Statistically it is 'odds on'.

However, that is a million miles away from considering it likely they are already here, flitting about obscure deserts in oddly-shaped vehicles, or secretly infiltrating our governments in order to manipulate the human trajectory through the spacetime continuum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm coming in late to this thread but give me a run-down on how this was done. Please don't include university students at night with a piece of wood and some rope!

View attachment 138050

obviously its aliens travelling from thousands of light years, stopping off to do a bit of spirograph in the fields of southern England.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Next time, alert whichever air force is responsible for the airspace concerned and take them OUT.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Watch the video I posted. Easily explainable without recourse to aliens or physics defying human tech. Occam's razor and all.

If Occam's razor was any good, why did he have a beard?

old bill.jpg

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'm quite open to the idea there is other life in the universe. Statistically it is 'odds on'.

However, that is a million miles away from considering it likely they are already here, flitting about obscure deserts in oddly-shaped vehicles, or secretly infiltrating our governments in order to manipulate the human trajectory through the spacetime continuum.

I misinterpreted one of your replies and assumed you didn’t give credence to that or the multiverse/multi dimensional theory possibility

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There is definitely simple life like bacteria on other planets but nothing like us. If an asteroid hadn't hit earth its more than likely dinosaurs would still be roaming and we'd never have even existed.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Which species of dinosaur would have developed into forming a government ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
SETI have been searching for extra terrestrial signals for quite some time now without success as yet. Maybe a sign that intelligent aliens are quite rare or even only on this planet.
There is also a theory that an intelligent civilisation might not last a long time as it will probably destroy itself with nuclear weapons etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Statistically, the odds are in favour of life NOT existing elsewhere in the universe, considering that despite all of our knowledge so far, there is still absolutely no evidence or indication of it.

Depends how you do your stats. Sure, no evidence of life but if there is any it will be a very long way away. Travelling faster than the speed of light has it's limitations....

The odds on there being planets like ours are heavily stacked in favour.

Now, there is no evidence (credible evidence, anyway) that either you or I are dead. However the odds that we will not live forever are based on things in addition to noting that we remain alive.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Life oozes out of every orifice on earth. It exists even where it has no place to. It is almost an inevitability - wherever there is room on earth, life emerges. It survives, and flourishes, regardless of how inhospitable the environment.

Yet the skies, absolutely silent. The space we now look into, nothing. The planets and moons we are now exploring, devoid of life.

It is possible that there is something about life on earth that makes it unique in our universe. In fact, given the information that we have, this is currently the more probable scenario.

There could be life elsewhere in the universe, but there is absolutely no evidence of it... and there should be, by now.

the universe is vast, and "intelligent", (as we call it), lifeforms may only be able to sustain themselves for 500 years or so;

and they might all be hiding

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The chances of life existing at the same time as us in the vast expanse of the universe are low, zero within an area we could ever travel to. Our planet is unique, the conditions for life extraordinarily rare.
I am open to the possibility that life forms have tech that allows them to travel here. It is possible although unlikely.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is counter intuitive but the more planets there are the more evidence there is that we are unique and alone.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
See the Fermi Paradox.

The universe is bigger than we know or can imagine, or comprehend... but at the same time the observable universe is incredibly massive too.

In all directions, there is nothing. Whether it's in our immediate star cluster, or in the far distant past, there is nothing. Intelligent life is not revealing itself, and you would expect it to, even by accident, whether it's in the form of radio waves, chemical activity or just light... it is not.

And in our immediate solar system, and as our technology improves, in our galaxy too, there is no evidence of microbial life either.

It seems that apart from us, our universe is silent. All the evidence that we are capable of discovering to date is suggesting that life on earth is unique. There is absolutely no sign of any kind of life as we know it anywhere else... and we can observe a lot now.

If they're that intelligent, I wouldn't be revealing myself, either.

But yes, we certainly can observe a lot, but that's barely scratching the surface. It's foolhardy and a little egotistical to think that this planet is the only one in the universe that supports life, in some form or another.
Unless you believe in god/bible/religion, of course.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hope when the green men do reveal themselves it is through our television sets. I would like the program I am watching to go fuzzy and Rargarth Lizardblood, Supreme Overlord of Blargon 5 start by saying "CITIZENS OF EARTH...."

Please can those of you who are in touch with the aliens put my request forward at the next annual meeting of Interstellar Super Beings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here