Innit.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
money to be won........nobhead:jester:

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
A few disgruntled Celtic fans up here - mind, it should be a superb tie to watch for the rest of us.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
1 CELTIC v Barcelona - 2-5 Agg
2 Genclerbirligi v Valencia 1-4 Agg
3 Bordeaux v Club Bruges 4-2 Agg
4 NEWCASTLE v Real Mallorca 4-3 Agg
5 Auxerre v PSV Eindhoven 2-3 Agg
6 Inter Milan v Benfica 3-2 Agg
7 LIVERPOOL v Marseille 1-0 Agg
8 Villarreal v Roma 1-3 Agg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How come this season's last 16 appears to contain mostly big clubs whereas the past 5 seasons have been a bizarre mixture of Lazio types against the likes of RedLionski, of Bulgaria?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Simster said:
How come this season's last 16 appears to contain mostly big clubs whereas the past 5 seasons have been a bizarre mixture of Lazio types against the likes of RedLionski, of Bulgaria?

Think because quite a few top teams didn't manage champions league qualification (Barcelona) and other top teams fell out the group stages of the Champions league (Inter, PSV, Roma etc).

Am gutted - I miss the Barcelona v Celtic game in Barcelona by 1 day - leave on the 24th after a week there !!

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Well as a Celtic, err, 'follower', i am fecking delighted. It'll give the Bhoys a chance to show everyone that they are a decent team after all. The constant slagging off by English teams reeeallly gets on my nerves; those same fans seem to have conveniently forgottent that Celtic put paid to Blackburn and Liverpool last season.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Mick Beard BHA said:
Well as a Celtic, err, 'follower', i am fecking delighted. It'll give the Bhoys a chance to show everyone that they are a decent team after all. The constant slagging off by English teams reeeallly gets on my nerves; those same fans seem to have conveniently forgottent that Celtic put paid to Blackburn and Liverpool last season.

Quite agree - although if the Celtic performance is anything like last night's effort, Barca will absolutely horse them.

Fortunately it won't be. They'll raise their game for the big boys as they always do, and I wouldn't put it past them to get through.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Ha, i like it. There's gotta be a decent catchment area in Mid-Wales... Well, tons of sheep anyway.

Sussex on Leith- did you see the whole game last night? I didnt catch any of it. Were Celtic crap?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like it is the end of the road for Celtic and Liverpool. I'll be surprised if both of them make it through to the next round. Barca are in form and will be too much for Celtic. While Liverpool are just crap and will crumble against half-decent opposition.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can someone explain to me the glory of supporting a European GIANT who play in a league packed full of teams who get crowds of about 4,000?

Whenever you see Old Firm crowds going bezerk after they've rammed in the 5th goal in a routine demolition of Livingston, it reminds me of what I will be like in 3 years time, when I play "3 and in" against my 5 year old son when for the occasion, he will be Crystal Palace and I will be Brighton.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Simster said:
Can someone explain to me the glory of supporting a European GIANT who play in a league packed full of teams who get crowds of about 4,000?

Whenever you see Old Firm crowds going bezerk after they've rammed in the 5th goal in a routine demolition of Livingston, it reminds me of what I will be like in 3 years time, when I play "3 and in" against my 5 year old son when for the occasion, he will be Crystal Palace and I will be Brighton.

Start him off at Subutteo ... just to get the feeling of being thumped 7-0 ... worked a treat with my eldest ... he took up rugby!

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Mick Beard BHA said:
Sussex on Leith- did you see the whole game last night? I didnt catch any of it. Were Celtic crap?

I did, and they were. The only entertainment was that I was with a Celtic-supporting colleague who had 30 quid on them to win on the night, based on a dubious "the other lot are from Eastern Europe so must be rubbish" logic system. The same logic system, in ffact, that cost him several hundred quid when Scotland lost in Lithuania...

Even Larsson was off his game, which hardly ever happens. If celtic hadn't got that late 3rd goal in the home leg, they could well have gone out last night.

That said, they were playing in a blizzard for most of the game, and Celtic were short of one or two players. I'm not really a Neil Lennon fan, but he'd have made sure that most of the Teplice attacks stopped somewhere near the halfway line.

Oh, almost forgot, there were two other good things about the game:

1. The referee was a slightly portlier version of Dr Evil.
2. They had the sound turned down in the pub so I didn't have to listen to Gordon :censored: Smith's "punditry" at half time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here