Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UAF v EDL. Outside ground before KO

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ive not seen them at Withdean myself, but im sure they have made an appearance...NF/BNP used to be behind north stand at the Goldstone fairly regularly.

You dont see NF/BNP so much these days...mainly because they are now EDL.

Jan 30, 2008
Ive not seen them at Withdean myself, but im sure they have made an appearance...NF/BNP used to be behind north stand at the Goldstone fairly regularly.

You dont see NF/BNP so much these days...mainly because they are now EDL.
british bulldog paper on sale at the bottom of Goldstone lane before the game :smokin:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would have thought it was all to do with their 'politics'?

Well, I would have said that there's a rather big difference from handing out leaflets to blatant intimidation whatever the reasons for it.

thepikie

We saw it starting to kick off, but it was just two guys calling the leafleters Nazis and facists which we didn't quite understand. They threw some of their leaflets on the floor, but that was pretty much it before we went in to the ground.

yeah, that was a bit weird. Looking online it seems the EDL, cos they hate muslims, say that every single one of them is an anti-semite, which means the UAF are actually fascists. Geddit? It's like the way fascists used to say that every single jew was part of a conspiracy trying to take over the world, but now it's the muslim's turn- which means they're suddenly pretending to be defending jewish people. All very twisted, bitter thinking, i reckon.

Apologies for politicising the talk about the match, but if you ask me, the EDL politicised it by intimidating people giving out bits of paper. I reckon Gary Dicker was affected by the whole episode, being Irish.

Dandyman

In London village.
to detect or recognize; locate or identify by seeing: to spot a hiding child.

There is a semi-colon in there, so to detect or recognise exists without "by seeing".

Dandyman

In London village.
british bulldog paper on sale at the bottom of Goldstone lane before the game :smokin:

Yes, but did you find a big boy who could read it for you ?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
We witnessed it, 20 minutes or so before kick off. The reason the UAF were there is because of all the EDL racists who (I've heard) go to Orient games. The EDL are themselves politicising football.

Dandyman

In London village.
Yes you're right, sentences like " i spotted him by the odour of his aftershave, or i spotted her by the sound of her high heels " just roll of the tongue dont they ?

How do you think an animal spots it's prey - only by sight or by sound and smell as well ?

Dandyman

In London village.
An animal spots his prey by sight, you dont "spot" an object or person by sight and smell, end of story.

Wrong but never mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here