Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UAF v EDL. Outside ground before KO

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Anyone else seen the trouble break out? Stewards came in and seemed to side with the EDL.
UAF were handing out anti-EDL leaflets..Some Orient group grabbed them all and ripped them up.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I arrived at the tail end of it I think. Not sure the stewards sided with anyone, just seemed to be sending each group off in separate directions. A charming young lady from the EDL side was giving some proper verbals to a steward. Nice.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I took one of their leaflets but didn't think much of it

thepikie

yeah, the stewards definitely sided with EDL. I plonked myself next to the leafletters and tried to talk with/diffuse the EDL supporters, but i got the impression that no-one within a hundred yards wanted to defend the tiny woman against the scary cockney racists so I bricked it and didn't tell em to f*** off. The stewards definitely sent them in different directions- they sent the anti-fascists home and the fascists into the stadium, which was basically doing the EDL's job for them. It was sad to see a handful of fascists flex their muscles and fix on a small asian-looking british woman while so many of us just walked by, and achieve their aim of stopping them leafletting. Hardly Cable Street.

The only good thing was an orient fan who came up to me and said they're not all like that, and when those fans get racist in the crowd, their fans usually turn on them.

As much as the meat head EDL had no business bullying the Asian woman (apparently - didn't see anything. Got to the game on the point of kick off) likewise the UAF have no business politicising a football match. Both groups are a bunch of arseholes and should take their battles away from the match.

Cable Street? Bollocks. This was a league one game between Orient and Brighton.

thepikie

ok. let the edl get away with whatever they want when you've got something better to do. But I'm tempted to go to luton to demostrate against the EDL now, those blokes weren't normal. Yeah, maybe cable street wasn't relevant, but i don't want to live in a country where people can't give out leaflets that say fascism is something we need to prevent. And let's face it, most of the planet is arseholes. Both groups are arseholes, and people who aren't in those groups are arseholes. So what? Doesn't mean the UAF were doing anything wrong trying to publicise their event at the busiest place in town.

So because I don't want to see the UAF handing out leaflets at a footie game, I'm somehow tacit in the EDL's actions? Take your political battles elsewhere. I've been to hundreds of games and never seen the EDL spouting their shit. I don't want the UAF doing it either.

If the UAF think its okay to petition a footie match then the EDL have as much right to counter demonstrate. Personally I wish both groups would kindly go forth and multiply.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
EDL are coming to Luton on Saturday. Last time they where here it all got out of control. Until my wife can get a job down south, I will still be commuting up and down. Living in Sussex near the sea you really appreciate what you have.

Last edited:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
As much as the meat head EDL had no business bullying the Asian woman (apparently - didn't see anything. Got to the game on the point of kick off) likewise the UAF have no business politicising a football match. Both groups are a bunch of arseholes and should take their battles away from the match.

Cable Street? Bollocks. This was a league one game between Orient and Brighton.

Why do you think the anti fascists were leafletting? Do you think it might be because there have been problems at previous games or in the area as a whole? Or do you think it was totally random? You say that the anti fascists politicised the match, but when do the EDL have their marches? Its usually on a saturday, on a weekend when there is football. Is that a coincidence too?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Anti Fascists DONT heckle foreign players...we have a few in our team......
Are people here actually saying that EDL dont politicise football? Dont recruit at football matches?
Get a grip, although, if you believe those things i suspect you already have a tight grip.

Im getting a bit bored with the ..I hate them both ...Its a cop out...for people who 'lean' towards the racists.

No fascists at football matches, and you wont see anti fascists.

People 'claiming' to never seeing edl/fascists at football matches must close their eyes when nearing the grounds.

Funnily enough the people 'claiming' appear to be the same people ive discussed racism with before.

Last edited:

Why do you think the anti fascists were leafletting? Do you think it might be because there have been problems at previous games or in the area as a whole? Or do you think it was totally random? You say that the anti fascists politicised the match, but when do the EDL have their marches? Its usually on a saturday, on a weekend when there is football. Is that a coincidence too?

2 wrongs don't make a right. EDL and UAF should take their poxy little battles elsewhere and I would have thought most demos, marches etc happen at weekends because more people are out and about to watch and more people have free time to attend if they are that way inclined.

And it's a load of bollocks to say EDL have politicised football. Last night if the anti fascists had not been there then the letters E D and L would have been on no-one's minds. The UAF politicised that game and if you think that's okay then you can't have any qualms with people who support EDL counter-demonstrating. A plague on both their houses.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
2 wrongs don't make a right. EDL and UAF should take their poxy little battles elsewhere and I would have thought most demos, marches etc happen at weekends because more people are out and about to watch and more people have free time to attend if they are that way inclined.

And it's a load of bollocks to say EDL have politicised football. Last night if the anti fascists had not been there then the letters E D and L would have been on no-one's minds. The UAF politicised that game and if you think that's okay then you can't have any qualms with people who support EDL counter-demonstrating. A plague on both their houses.

So you think that the UAF were there by chance last night? That there might not have been problems at any previous matches, even though one supporter says that an Orient fan told them there has been? That in the multi cultural East End there might not have been any issues either? As you pointed out it was a game between Orient and Brighton, theer would be better targets if it was random.

Yes demos do happen at weekends so more people attend them, but why always saturdays, and not sundays? Why always when the football team in that town or city is at home and not when they are away?

So you think that the UAF were there by chance last night? That there might not have been problems at any previous matches, even though one supporter says that an Orient fan told them there has been? That in the multi cultural East End there might not have been any issues either? As you pointed out it was a game between Orient and Brighton, theer would be better targets if it was random.

Yes demos do happen at weekends so more people attend them, but why always saturdays, and not sundays? Why always when the football team in that town or city is at home and not when they are away?

I don't know and don't care if it's random or planned. Really, I thought I'd made it clear from my very first post. I don't think politics and football should mix and I don't know or care why they happen on Saturdays and not Sundays.

Really, I don't care. Just take it away from football.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
and some Brighton fans are doggers but I don't expect to roll up to Withdean and see a bunch of sad fat blokes around a car knocking one out as a moonlighting dinner lady is receiving one up her marmite superhighway in the backseat.

perhaps you can put this idea on ask the club as im sure it will make the car park at falmer more exciting for 1901 members!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here