NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I watched this one on the YouTubes actually. Huge game tomorrow - very early train booked. Lansdowne Road is always a tough place to visit, and I haven’t been to Wales in ages. Let’s give those Welshies a good thrashing tomorrow!
Godspeed!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Just back from the Performance Centre.

Ruthless and clinical second half performance from the Youngsters.
Peupion is too good for this level, he needs to be testing his game against professionals each week. Odd he didn’t get a loan deal in the summer. The lad can certainly finish, remember seeing him score hat trick against Man City a couple of seasons ago.

Thought Owusu put in solid shift in the middle of the park, good shield for the defence and allowed Mullins to get on the ball. Great to see Joe Knight back from injury, he’s so calm and composed on the ball.

Harry Howell is just lovely to watch, he’s got a bit of Foden about him. Just lets the ball do the work and glides pass the opposition.

Steven Hall ground distribution was horrific, a lot to work on. Good shot stopper.

Really impressive stuff from Albion but Reading were very poor and offered very little.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Should be a couple of goals ahead, without playing amazing. Mullins looking decent I suppose, but nobody really standing out as a cut above on either side. So far.

I’m sorry to dig out one of our own, but Cam Peupion is having a bit of a nightmare out there so far. He’s lost the ball constantly, too many touches, bottled two 50/50’s and passed the ball straight out of play there at the end of the half, leading to a corner and a half chance for Reading.

The lad is just turning 22 - I think it’s the end of the road of his Albion journey very soon.
I guess that's the opposite of the commentator's curse. If the commentator was a fan :lol:

Top bombing!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
That Peupion hat trick was high class but at 20 he needs to be doing that if he has a future at this club. Needs a loan in the Championship or top end L1 club.

As for Harry Howell, this lad is special.
Yup, been pushing that opinion for a while. He's got it.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Harry Howell is just lovely to watch, he’s got a bit of Foden about him. Just lets the ball do the work and glides pass the opposition.
He has that skill of appearing almost effortless. Not as dynamic or as much of a dribbler as Foden and almost looks like he doesn't belong in English football. Definitely feels more European in use of space, timing, technique etc. Do you think someone's having us on and it's some elaborate hoax? Could it be that he's really in the Ajax academy and called Harrie van der Heuvel?

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Who's the giant that walks out next to Hall?

Edit - Watching highlights, It's Penman.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really like the look of Joe Knight, doesn’t waste the ball, good range of passing and strong in the tackle. We’ve got some very good players coming through.
Looks like he’s grown again, too.

if they stick him in the first team now, people will be confusing him with Van Hecke!

Great prospect. Hove Park producing the goods again. That’s now ME, Haydn Roberts and Joe Knight 🙂

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Him and Simmonds (at least) will end up in the first team squad from that age group imo……….can see a point in maybe 3-4 seasons where we might have 5 or 6 academy players in it which would be some payback on TB’s investment
Let's hope so, but keep the pressure off them.

After all we said the same things about Molumby, Connolly, Jenks, Roberts etc. who were all looking extremely promising at the same age.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Him and Simmonds (at least) will end up in the first team squad from that age group imo……….can see a point in maybe 3-4 seasons where we might have 5 or 6 academy players in it which would be some payback on TB’s investment
Fingers crossed. 5 or 6 from any academy would be miraculous.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Fingers crossed. 5 or 6 from any academy would be miraculous.
Last season in the PL fixture at Villa we started with four former Albion scholars: Dunk, Hinshelwood, March and Ferguson.

It happened a few times in 2022-23 with Sanchez, Dunk, March and Ferguson.

And twice in 2020-21 we started PL matches with five former scholars (the home games against Sheff Utd and Wolves): Sanchez, White, Dunk, March and Connolly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here