Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U21s V Northampton Town (Papa John’s Trophy)

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
So, I think I'm correct in saying that we will progress if, next Tuesday:-

1) Walsall beat Forest Green Rovers
or
2) The match ends in a draw (either 0-0 or 1-1) and Walsall win the penalty shoot-out [as we would have one group stage win to zero for FGR]

However, we're out if:-
1) FGR win
or
2) The match ends as a draw and FGR win the penalty shoot-out
or
3) It's a 2-2 (or higher-scoring) draw (whatever the result of the penalty shoot-out)

So if Carl Rushworth plays and doesn’t concede anything at any time we’re likely to go through!

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
The players could have at least come over to give the 19/21 of us a clap at the end!

I thought Ferguson looked the real deal when he came on tonight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pretty good game, brilliant goal from Ferguson for the equaliser (looking forward to seeing that again if there are highlights).

Also well done to Northampton Town, really friendly stewards and catering staff at the kiosk. Letting us have free burgers and hotdogs after half time was a really kind thing to do.

I hope we qualify I’ve enjoyed watching these games and you can see our young players benefitting from going up against men’s teams, they’re usually not as technically good as our lads but they give us problems with their strength and experience. Northampton tried to play football in the second half rather than bully us which was their downfall.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Actually 4 games with late winners/equalisers for the u21/u23s this season so far but a couple for Tolaj in last 10 days.

PL2
90+ 4 (Moran) v Leicester 2-1
83 (Tolaj) v Leeds 1-1
90+1 (Ella) v Man City 1-1

EFL Trophy
90+3 (Tolaj) v Northampton 2-1

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Albion highlights are longer and include a clear penalty for Brighton denied by some awful refereeing

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Ferguson is just 17 at the start of next season... think he'll be around for another year before maybe going on loan.

He was 17 a couple of weeks ago. So will be approaching 18 by the time next season kicks off. Possibility he will be out on loan next season as he looks very big and physical for his age so I don’t think he’ll need to worry about being bullied on the pitch. It would be a great step up for him to be playing mens football regularly (if he hasn’t broken through into the first team squad here).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here