Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U21s V Northampton Town (Papa John’s Trophy)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
That's just Moran in for the suspended Tsongui from the match at Forest Green, isn't it? Wonder who;ll play alongside Turns at CB - I thought Tsongui looked very impressive at FGR (until the red card, obvs.)

P.S. I'm not giving iFollow ten quid of my hard earned dosh (that's more than it cost to actually watch at FGR!) but if anybody finds a link on Youtube, please PM me!

Without watching so maybe completely wrong but Offiah is a centre-back so will be alongside Turns. Then one of the two LBs selected will play RB

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Without watching so maybe completely wrong but Offiah is a centre-back so will be alongside Turns. Then one of the two LBs selected will play RB

He's been playing RB - with Turns and Tsongui in the middle - most of this season I think - certainly when I've watched them, live at FGR or on a stream in some PL2 games. Still, I guess either he or one of the two LBs will have to nove to CB tonight. Shame there's not a stream, or even a commentary.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Feck me, they've gone and won it at the death.

.......and the Albion text commentary just says "Full time. Live match commentary has stopped." - but somebody obviously gave him/her a poke and they nipped backed in to add a note that Tolaj had scored a late winner!

I mean, it's when thing when fans leave early, but when the Albion's text commentator packs up to head fo the car park ......... !

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So we took 19 fans and they played a 15 year old.

I'm not sure that this is what the competition organisers had in mind

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As far as I can tell, we need to win tonight and hope that Walsall beat Forest Green next week to go through…..the main concern would be that it’s possible for Walsall and FGR to both qualify by agreeing their result beforehand (which might be worth a look as a betting proposition).

:lolol:

So, I think I'm correct in saying that we will progress if, next Tuesday:-

1) Walsall beat Forest Green Rovers
or
2) The match ends in a draw (either 0-0 or 1-1) and Walsall win the penalty shoot-out [as we would have one group stage win to zero for FGR]

However, we're out if:-
1) FGR win
or
2) The match ends as a draw and FGR win the penalty shoot-out
or
3) It's a 2-2 (or higher-scoring) draw (whatever the result of the penalty shoot-out)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well what a great end to the game….we’ve nipped into another Northampton town for a Papa John’s Pizza to celebrate:lolol:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, I think I'm correct in saying that we will progress if, next Tuesday:-

1) Walsall beat Forest Green Rovers
or
2) The match ends in a draw (either 0-0 or 1-1) and Walsall win the penalty shoot-out [as we would have one group stage win to zero for FGR]

However, we're out if:-
1) FGR win
or
2) The match ends as a draw and FGR win the penalty shoot-out
or
3) It's a 2-2 (or higher-scoring) draw (whatever the result of the penalty shoot-out)
Has Southampton v Spurs written all over it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here