Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U/K Forces,latest death. Now 100

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tedebear said:
Well no, i don't agree...nobody asked me?

(and isn't it hoodwinked?)
And watch out for that "bashlash"...as old Enoch said, it's terrible, all them coming over here and they can't even write proper. :shootself

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Man of Harveys said:
And watch out for that "bashlash"...as old Enoch said, it's terrible, all them coming over here and they can't even write proper. :shootself

Typing error.You really are a cock to sit there and pick up typing errors.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
tedebear said:
Well no, i don't agree...nobody asked me?

(and isn't it hoodwinked?)
I'll try and dig up the facts for you sometime.For my troubles in proving you are wrong a pint of larger will be excepted:drink:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
algie said:
Typing error.You really are a cock to sit there and pick up typing errors.
I'd so much rather be a pedant than a semi-literate racist. :wave:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Man of Harveys said:
I'd so much rather be a pedant than a semi-literate racist. :wave:

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
algie said:
Say that to my face bigboy
If only I knew which one you were...
obrady.jpg

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thats ok.I know who you are:drink:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
A British soldier who became the 100th to die in action in Iraq when he was
killed by a roadside bomb yesterday was named today as Second Lieutenant
Jonathan Carlos Bracho-Cooke, 24, from Hove, Sussex.

:nono:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Thats 100 plus people who were willing to put there lives on the line for the sake of our Country

How about someone start a thread on how proud we are of all our Serving Forces wherever they are in the world,it would make a pleasant change I think.

After all all these brave people volunteered to join up and are willing to die for the cause.Just like many more thousands before them,it is something we should be rightly proud of and not shove away in a dark corner when things like Gulf War Syndrome reared its ugly head and why should it take 90 years to pardon blokes who were shot for desertion and Lack of Moral Fibre when all it was Shell Shock and Post Traumatic Stress.
All this Goverment wants to do is keep the costs down of the Forces without any thought for these brave peoples safety.

Signed and Ex Forces Man (And f***ing Proud of it !!)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Charlies Shinpad said:
Thats 100 plus people who were willing to put there lives on the line for the sake of our Country

How about someone start a thread on how proud we are of all our Serving Forces wherever they are in the world,it would make a pleasant change I think.

After all all these brave people volunteered to join up and are willing to die for the cause.Just like many more thousands before them,it is something we should be rightly proud of and not shove away in a dark corner when things like Gulf War Syndrome reared its ugly head and why should it take 90 years to pardon blokes who were shot for desertion and Lack of Moral Fibre when all it was Shell Shock and Post Traumatic Stress.
All this Goverment wants to do is keep the costs down of the Forces without any thought for these brave peoples safety.

:clap:

I have nothing but respect for our boys and girls.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Charlies Shinpad said:

After all all these brave people volunteered to join up and are willing to die for the cause.Just like many more thousands before them,it is something we should be rightly proud of and not shove away in a dark corner

Thats the exact same sentiments of my brother who is back out there for a 3rd time.

Also still waiting for a reply to my previous question

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Wookiee
I often wonder what would of happened if we did not send any troops in

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
clippedgull said:
Notwithstanding the fact that the Tories conspired with Labour to send us to war.

I take it you mean they 'agreed' with Labour? Speaking as a serving member of HM Forces, I know who I preferred working under. I'd say a fair old majority of my workmates are well and truly sick of being led up the garden path. Maggie et al may not have been good for everyone in the UK (far from it) but as a serviceman you felt a damn sight better valued.

The best bit about current service life is that they continue to cut our numbers/budget whilst continuing to commit us to more tasking. Truly, in my time (27 years) it's never been this bad :nono:

And when you want to cheer yourself up and get a distraction from the trials and tribulations.....you turn to The Albion :ohmy:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Charlies Shinpad said:

Completely agree mate!! I just question where they are sent mostly.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The Wookiee said:
Thats the exact same sentiments of my brother who is back out there for a 3rd time.

Also still waiting for a reply to my previous question

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Wookiee
I often wonder what would of happened if we did not send any troops in

Indeed - very good question to which there probably is no politician willing to answer!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
tedebear said:
Indeed - very good question to which there probably is no politician willing to answer!

i will tell you what would of happened if no British troops were sent in.

We would all be calling Tony Blair a spineless wanker who bottled it and allowed the Yanks to fight our corner!

there would also be comments along the lines of:
" Maggie Thatcher would not of allowed this to happen, our boys would be out there straight away"

Lets face it in most people eyes whatever decision Blair made would of been a wrong one !:nono:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Wookiee said:
We would all be calling Tony Blair a spineless wanker who bottled it and allowed the Yanks to fight our corner!
But this hasn't been the case in the other countries who decided not to join in with this sad gung-ho cowboy imperialism. If anything, this tawdry and wasteful episode probably reinforces a lot of people's view of the UK in the international community as a rather sad and minor Yankee lickspittle. That's not a great place to be, IMHO.

hampden park said:
:bowdown: Me too (ex RN)(Falklands veteran)

I have enormous respect for individuals such as yourself. What drives me nuts is that people like you get your arses put on the line to further the financial interests of the US, and the political ambitions of Tony Blair. It's wrong, plain and simple.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I have enormous respect for individuals such as yourself. What drives me nuts is that people like you get your arses put on the line to further the financial interests of the US, and the political ambitions of Tony Blair. It's wrong, plain and simple.

thanks Lokki7 :blush:
trouble is that if there was a clause put in/on the signing up papers stating that you would be fighting for your queen and country, oh and by the way, helping out the f***ing yanks with any war they fancy starting, i dont think you would have many armed forces personel left :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here