Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U/K Forces,latest death. Now 100

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think you will find that the other 31 died either from natural causes, in accidents or incidents unrelated to the conflict.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Gully said:
I think you will find that the other 31 died either from natural causes, in accidents or incidents unrelated to the conflict.

But were they still in Iraq?If so then it's still part of the war.If there was no war then they would still be alive today.Use some common sense will ya

Chunky Monkey

Dec 26, 2006
Hailsham
FFS - this has happened, deal with it. All this thanks Tony bollox is not helpful at all What we need is to ensure that all the sacrifice has been worth it - to pull out now and leave a complete mess will be a disgrace and disrespectful to those who have lost their lives.

You can register your dislike at the ballot box.

100 or 131 dead Britons - a terrible price for a disgusting war. But it's nothing compared to the tens of thousands of Iraqis we (and our allies) have killed. Sod 'thanks, Tony' - it should be more like 'f*** off, murderous scum'.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
algie said:
But were they still in Iraq?If so then it's still part of the war.If there was no war then they would still be alive today.Use some common sense will ya

It is impossible to say that for certain, it is known that a number of the deaths have been due to self inflicted injuries and at least one was due to a congenital heart defect. We may speculate that if those who died from self inflicted injuries had not been serving in Iraq then maybe they may still be alive, however in the case of the individual with a heart defect, well anything could have triggered that.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Chunky Monkey said:
FFS - this has happened, deal with it. All this thanks Tony bollox is not helpful at all What we need is to ensure that all the sacrifice has been worth it - to pull out now and leave a complete mess will be a disgrace and disrespectful to those who have lost their lives.

You can register your dislike at the ballot box.

Yep and me and millions more intend to. :wave: Bliar.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gwylan said:
Yep. Anyone who says he/she wants to oppose the war and vote Tony out ..... and then votes Conservative is an arch-hypocrite.

There's only one place for the anti-war voter and that's Liberal Democrat

....oops.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its made worse by the fact that the majority never wanted the forces there in the first place....Although when you join the army isn't that part of the risk you take? That your life will be in immenint danger...

If for example our troops went somewhere the general population agreed to - would the loss of life be so angering??

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
tedebear said:
Its made worse by the fact that the majority never wanted the forces there in the first place....Although when you join the army isn't that part of the risk you take? That your life will be in immenint danger...

If for example our troops went somewhere the general population agreed to - would the loss of life be so angering??

Wrong.

All major parties at the time supported the invasion and a poll for the members of the public in the UK supported the offensive at the time.Fact
What we didn't know was at the time us Brits were lied to from our own government for the reasons for invading Iraq

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
algie said:
Wrong.

All major parties at the time supported the invasion and a poll for the members of the public in the UK supported the offensive at the time.Fact
What we didn't know was at the time us Brits were lied to from our own government for the reasons for invading Iraq

Nah its not wrong...Who were polled? The voters of the major parties? I wasn't polled and I was dead set against it from the outset...

That why this country should have compulsory voting....then you'd see what people really think... opinion polls only canvas just that....the opinionated!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
algie said:
Wrong.

A miilion people on the streets of London knew they were being lied to.

Every single MP knew they were being lied to but toed the party line.

To anybody who followed the lead-up to the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq it was blatantly obvious that Tony BLiar had told Bush he would 'deliver' the UK to the Coalition Of The Willing. They also roped in the Spanish bloke somehow, possibly with the aid of some comprising photos from a hotel bedroom, featuring a goat. Never seen anybody less willing in their life :lol: At least the good folk in Spain had the balls to kick his butt out of office at the earliest opportunity - but not before the Madrid train bombs.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Re: Re: U/K Forces,latest death. Now 100

The Wookiee said:
I often wonder what would of happened if we did not send any troops in ???

waiting.gif

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tom Hark said:
A miilion people on the streets of London knew they were being lied to.

Every single MP knew they were being lied to but toed the party line.

To anybody who followed the lead-up to the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq it was blatantly obvious that Tony BLiar had told Bush he would 'deliver' the UK to the Coalition Of The Willing. They also roped in the Spanish bloke somehow, possibly with the aid of some comprising photos from a hotel bedroom, featuring a goat. Never seen anybody less willing in their life :lol: At least the good folk in Spain had the balls to kick his butt out of office at the earliest opportunity - but not before the Madrid train bombs.

The fact is the war was supported by the majority in this country and from party leaders at the time Agree?
Now people have found out the truth behind the invasion the bashlash is enormous here and over the pond.We were hoodwinked into believeing the invasion was right

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
algie said:
The fact is the war was supported by the majority in this country and from party leaders at the time Agree?
Now people have found out the truth behind the invasion the bashlash is enormous here and over the pond.We were hooked winked in believeing the invasion was right

Well no, i don't agree...nobody asked me?

(and isn't it hoodwinked?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here