Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tyrone Mings Quick Out Of The Traps......

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm sorry but as many have pointed out engagement with social media does have a big part to play. So many people in the public eye or as an attempt to promote themselves use but conveniently forget that ' if you buy the ticket make sure you can handle the ride ". That adage in no way condones extremes of abuse such a racist or threats of violence but the reality is you cannot expect everyone to blow smoke up your ass! If you choose to engage make sure you have the mental resilience you cope with the negative stuff.

Jessie Nelson formerly of Little Mix is a classic example. She goes as far as having a documentary about her mental health struggles exacerbated by negative social media and yet 5 mins later she's all over it again with provocative photos inviting people to say how gorgeous she is.

I'm also not totally convinced by the Sky news interview given by Grealish's girlfriend about alleged death treats. I'm not saying she's lying and it's appalling but just take a look at her demeanour and mannerisms in the interview. Is she really shocked and upset? My spin on it is that it's media coverage for her and the subtext is almost a ' fk you girlies I'm seeing the gorgeous multi millionaire footballer and you can lump it you jealous trolls '.

Make your mind up here :

http://news.sky.com/story/england-f...media-death-threats-during-euro-2020-12371241

I'm not sure anyone signs up for – or deserves – abuse when they go on social media. Regardless of if you are a model, pop star, actor, footballer, whoever, there is NO excuse for mean, hurtful or offensive responses.

The old adage of 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all' comes to mind...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not it's not as the post above this one explains in a better way.
They earn millions, have everything they want and are Molly coddled in every way but the minute something goes wrong in their lives they are bleating to the media.
I'm sick of it and if that upsets some people on here then sorry but get over it.
Their are Veterans taking their lives everyday but where is the public outcry and sympathy for them ?????

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

We should definitely hear more about the mental health of veterans. That doesn’t mean we should hear less about the mental health of our sports people.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'm not sure anyone signs up for – or deserves – abuse when they go on social media. Regardless of if you are a model, pop star, actor, footballer, whoever, there is NO excuse for mean, hurtful or offensive responses.

The old adage of 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all' comes to mind...
Sorry but that's nonsense. You can't just " sign up ' for positivity and nice fluffy stuff. The likes of Facebook and Twitter not unsurprisingly don't come with that guarantee. And away from social media the reality is that the world is not always a garden of Eden where everyone thinks you are wonderful. Before you commit to full on social media engagement perhaps people need to reflect on their own personalities. Do they think they can handle the rough stuff? Obviously, in some cases they might think they can but when it comes it puts them into a tailspin of mental anguish. In which case 'get out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat '. Your own personal mental health wellbeing has to be more important than self promotion and public profile. That's why I used the example of the Little Mix girl. She asked for our sympathy and understanding and yet 5 mins later put herself in the firing line again. That makes no sense and undermines all her protestations. Perhaps brutally we may have to consider that some of these media types just aren't that bright.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Personally I think posts like this are far more important than millionaire bleating in public.
But that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.
[emoji3544] Trigger Warning[emoji3544]

This is the final photograph of Phillip Herron 34, crying in his car, literally minutes before he took his own life.
He was a single Dad of three young children, struggling with escalating debt of over £20,000 and was desperately waiting for a universal credit payment he'd applied for.

However it's paid in arrears, with a 5 week wait time. This wait time only sunk Philip deeper into debt, and when he died he had £4.61 in his bank account.

Like many others, especially us men, we tend to bottle all of this to ourselves and nobody else knows how bad things are getting. This poor bloke even had to tell his children that Father Xmas hadn't come one year, and in his suicide note he wrote that they'd be better off if he wasn't around anymore!!

Now Philip is gone forever [emoji3531]

I’ve stopped counting Suicides amongst the veterans community as it doesn’t serve a purpose, I’ve focused on the positive side of things and I’m extremely proud to say that this page and its followers have prevented it least a dozen potential Suicides this year already.

Please keep spreading positive vibes, keep in touch with vulnerable friends and keep calling each other every few days.

Thank you

Ps- this story is from 2019, however the circumstances have only just come to light.
48ff25791984fdbb66ae16b76b67b644.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not it's not as the post above this one explains in a better way.
They earn millions, have everything they want and are Molly coddled in every way but the minute something goes wrong in their lives they are bleating to the media.
I'm sick of it and if that upsets some people on here then sorry but get over it.
Their are Veterans taking their lives everyday but where is the public outcry and sympathy for them ?????

There’s quite a bit if you know where to look. Calling All Beacons when a veteran goes missing.
Combat Stress is also a very well supported charity.

https://combatstress.org.uk/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You've missed my point completely.
I'm on about the silence on the media etc about Veterans suicide not what Charities there are for them.

Who takes any notice of the media any more. Most papers circulations are minimal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Couldn't agree with you more.
Seems it's the new trend now sadly.
All that money and fame and still not happy.
Pack your job in take your millions and turn off Social Media forever, f**king snowflakes

You have been a member here since 2003, meaning you are at least 18 years old by now. All this time to develop some kind of reasonably functional brain, yet you're too dumb to realise that a person can be unhappy with life despite having lots of money. That is truly astonishing. What a ****ing muppet you and a few others are.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
You have been a member here since 2003, meaning you are at least 18 years old by now. All this time to develop some kind of reasonably functional brain, yet you're too dumb to realise that a person can be unhappy with life despite having lots of money. That is truly astonishing. What a ****ing muppet you and a few others are.
Use the block / ignore button. That's what it's there for.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't you just thrown foul abuse at me on Social Media ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That’s the thing with fame/celebrity and some mental health issues I guess, some people crave the very thing that is harming them. Not so different to substance abuse. Although their are differences, the same reward centres in the brain are being stimulated. From a certain point of view, fascinating.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
That’s the thing with fame/celebrity and some mental health issues I guess, some people crave the very thing that is harming them. Not so different to substance abuse. Although their are differences, the same reward centres in the brain are being stimulated. From a certain point of view, fascinating.

Agree with you & no less tragic when the harm results in a loss of life.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Earlier this year I learned that money makes you immune to racism. Now I find that it makes you immune to mental illness.

Except that I have heard about several rich people suffering with both.

Maybe it is that having money means you are not allowed to talk about either.

Freedom of speech doesn't extend to rich footballers apparently.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He's one of my ignored.

I think I may have to auction my ignored list, given the amount of consternation these absolute tools generate. Proceeds towards REMF. I'm serious.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So what about the people who have money who kill themselves? What do you say about them?

Look at this list of weak people who had all the riches to pull themselves together:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicides

:facepalm:
[MENTION=152]Charlies Shinpad[/MENTION] you should be ashamed of yourself. Or banned.

Edit - I initially gave you the benefit of an apostrophe. What was I thinking?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sorry but that's nonsense. You can't just " sign up ' for positivity and nice fluffy stuff. The likes of Facebook and Twitter not unsurprisingly don't come with that guarantee. And away from social media the reality is that the world is not always a garden of Eden where everyone thinks you are wonderful. Before you commit to full on social media engagement perhaps people need to reflect on their own personalities. Do they think they can handle the rough stuff? Obviously, in some cases they might think they can but when it comes it puts them into a tailspin of mental anguish. In which case 'get out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat '. Your own personal mental health wellbeing has to be more important than self promotion and public profile. That's why I used the example of the Little Mix girl. She asked for our sympathy and understanding and yet 5 mins later put herself in the firing line again. That makes no sense and undermines all her protestations. Perhaps brutally we may have to consider that some of these media types just aren't that bright.

I wouldn't say it's nonsense at all. Fundamentally, in life, there is no need for someone to be rude, offensive or abusive to another individual – especially if they are a stranger. In ANY walk of life. Or maybe you think there is?

Yes, clearly people can't stick to those rules – hence 'keyboard warriors'. There have been many good examples of people meeting their 'trolls' and the latter being ashamed and embarrassed by their actions. There is no way that people would behave in that way in real life, so why should they online?

I totally understand the point you're at, but take a step back and the 'famous' people aren't the problem – it's the people targeting them with abuse who are. Why should they not use social media, just because they're being abused? Why should they be made to 'handle the rough stuff'? Surely the better thing to do would be to target the abusers?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s a shame that we still have people who would shoot a shell-shocked infantryman for refusing to soldier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here