Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter - How on earth can you be "addicted" to it?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I use it for Albion and music news. I don't know how to send a tweet or reply to one but wouldn't bother even if I did.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Brilliant!! still i don't use FB Twit or any other myself-

This said i might have a NSC problem

I have an NSC problem and to a much lesser extent use Farcebook, but people who indulge in Twatter need to take a long hard look at themselves. Life's too short for either NSC or Farcebook, but when you're indulging in Twatter it really is game over.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You'd have to be a pretty shallow f*** to be addicted to Twitter. Or even to use it. IMHO, like.

or just young to be fair..

that said it's not for me either

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
You'd have to be a pretty shallow f*** to be addicted to Twitter. Or even to use it. IMHO, like.

Are you similarly against any TV, radio, newspaper, internet forum or any other form of broadcast media? Or have you just got no idea what Twitter actually is and have assumed it's a load of kids telling each other what they had for breakfast?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are you similarly against any TV, radio, newspaper, internet forum or any other form or broadcast media? Or have you just got no idea what Twitter actually is and have assumed it's a load of kids telling each other what they had for breakfast?

Keep calm and carry on following then :shrug:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Are you similarly against any TV, radio, newspaper, internet forum or any other form of broadcast media? Or have you just got no idea what Twitter actually is and have assumed it's a load of kids telling each other what they had for breakfast?

#toast n marmalade this morning lol
#omg dude!
#yeah, maybe Rice Krispies tomoz!
#Nice one
#yeah I reckon so. Krispies rock
#Aye carumba!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I find it is reasonably useful for news and if you like following events as they happen.

But I do worry about people who are on twitter and facebook constantly posting shite. Perhaps they should go and find something real and interesting to do to brighten their lives. People used to in the "old days" (5 years ago!)

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
#toast n marmalade this morning lol
#omg dude!
#yeah, maybe Rice Krispies tomoz!
#Nice one
#yeah I reckon so. Krispies rock
#Aye carumba!

A mature response. I just think it's a tad ironic that people who think that twitter is boring seem to also think that it will be terribly interesting if they tell others that twitter is boring. On an internet message board.

But you're the one missing out, so carry on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can imagine many would say the same about 33,000+ posts on a football forum. Personally I can't see what's wrong with either.
There's really no need to take out on me, just because you joined the all-new incarnation of NSC a month after me and have been severely slacking on the posting front ever since :p

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There's really no need to take out on me, just because you joined the all-new incarnation of NSC a month after me and have been severely slacking on the posting front ever since :p

Yeah but i know all about addiction-and you cannot deny addiction :kiss:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hey everybody-

i am eating jam tart's that the missus has just made.....tweet tweet

as you were..

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A mature response. I just think it's a tad ironic that people who think that twitter is boring seem to also think that it will be terribly interesting if they tell others that twitter is boring. On an internet message board.

But you're the one missing out, so carry on.

#sense of humour bypass [MENTION=2589]Robdinho[/MENTION]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You do realise that it is entirely up to you whose tweets you read? If you think what someone is saying is boring then don't follow them.

This. I follow the club, talksport, players, BBC news, Sky Sportsnews etc. I gave up getting the official texts from the club because you get the Albion news on Twitter within seconds and all for free. Nsc can have too much info when news is breaking especially when you're on the bus and want to know what's happening. I do post now and again but it's usually in reply to someone.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
hey everybody-

have just had custard with me jam tarts tweet tweet

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This is a thread full of people who don't get Twitter slagging of Twitter. If you're saying you've rarely seen a tweet that interests you then you must be following some some seriously dull people. Which is a shame, because even if you're friends aren't on Twitter, lots of the world's great minds in nearly every aspect of human endeavour are. And they're offering insight and amusement in abundance.

Guys, you're just using it wrong!

Agree with this. I follow quite a few academics and enjoy their posts, was great reading Brian Cox's excitement the other day! I personally barely tweet, I also have not written a facebook status for about two years and the reason being that I am not important or interesting enough for anyone to really give a shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here