Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter - How on earth can you be "addicted" to it?

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
A few of my friends on twitter have stated that they are "addicted" to it, and can't go long without having to tweet something.

Why? Twitter isn't even that good, it's just somewhere where people can post what they're up to and stuff, how can you be addicted to telling people what's happening in your life?

I use twitter, I wouldn't say I was "addicted" to it, as I've only tweeted 850 odd times and that's taken me almost a year, so only 2 or 3 a day. Most of those were when I started.. I've gone weeks without tweeting at all before.

But when I see some of the people who I follow and they are tweeting away all day racking up the 1000s then they must have a problem. To be honest, I rarely ever read a tweet that interests me, and when I do, it's often a tweet from BBC News or a transfer rumor or something.

And most of my tweets are just taking the piss really..

Anyone here addicted to twitter? I would like to know why.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
what happened to the good old days,mobile in hand sat on a bus - I'M ON THE THE BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
what happened to the good old days,mobile in hand sat on a bus - I'M ON THE THE BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

This sort of stuff still happens, last night one girl tweeted "I can't sleep."

Of course you can't... you are on twitter....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This sort of stuff still happens, last night one girl tweeted "I can't sleep."

Of course you can't... you are on twitter....

Brilliant!! still i don't use FB Twit or any other myself-

This said i might have a NSC problem

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I would suggest people 'addicted' to it in that way lack self-esteem and are looking for constant re-assurance. They need to feel loved! I'm no psycologist mind :wrong:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Everything has it's place and it can be a useful tool so it cannot be knocked but i have never used it and never will-

Now it can be said that one should not knock it until you have tried it-however i just know i won't like it-

That's why i don't eat dog sh*t..for example

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
Those people tweeting everything almost certanly do nothing in their life that anyone else would be interested in. I follow a few people, but never post - no-one cares about anyithng I do, and I know it.

I feel the same, most of my tweets are just taking to mick, but when I do post a serious one (e.g, what I'm up to) I know no one cares, which is why I don't get people who post 100s of tweets a day about what they're doing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I feel the same, most of my tweets are just taking to mick, but when I do post a serious one (e.g, what I'm up to) I know no one cares, which is why I don't get people who post 100s of tweets a day about what they're doing.

I've always said that most people that talk a lot, have nothing to "say". I think that goes for twitter as well.

I have only just signed up for Facebook, and I like it more than I thought I would. as an IT pro, I ought to be up to speed with these things.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In the good old days, there was no mobile phones. :p

This is very true-just a 5 pence piece(obtained from returning a corona bottle to the shop) and smelly battered old red phone box........oh they really were the days.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Was a former member of twitter and facebook - personally dont like them, intrusive, bitching and whinging on there

When you dont have it and people sitting on their phone posting crap, its funny, 'just had a sh1t' who cares lol

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
You do realise that it is entirely up to you whose tweets you read? If you think what someone is saying is boring then don't follow them.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
This is a thread full of people who don't get Twitter slagging of Twitter. If you're saying you've rarely seen a tweet that interests you then you must be following some some seriously dull people. Which is a shame, because even if you're friends aren't on Twitter, lots of the world's great minds in nearly every aspect of human endeavour are. And they're offering insight and amusement in abundance.

Guys, you're just using it wrong!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It depends how you use it. I like to be fed half-random information (i say half random as i choose the people to follow) and therefore Twitter meets my needs. I can be on there for hours and it takes me all over the Internet. That said I don't follow anyone on there that has updates their every boring movement (apart from Kaz but thats because I treat it like the enigma code).
I don't actually tweet much myself.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
You do realise that it is entirely up to you whose tweets you read? If you think what someone is saying is boring then don't follow them.

Yeah but if these people are your friends, it's worth following them, may cause hassle if you unfollow them.

I remember I unfollowed a girl a few months ago and she messaged me on facebook asking why I unfollowed her, for some people on twitter their followers are almost "precious" to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here