Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turienzo

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
We should try Robinson and Turienzo up front on Saturday and push Leon out to the left and replace Oatway and Carpenter with with Nicolas and Hammond.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Scotty M said:
exactly - the midfield has NO creativity. with leon wide left playing in those crosses that look so dangerous we might have a little bit of creativity. and then coupled with the big argie up top to challenge in the air, we may actually look like having an end product rather than just a lot of the ball

said on bbc website the possession ratio was 70%-30% in favour of reading, if that is true that is a bit worrying....???

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Thought he looked fighteningly like a poor Richie Barker after his first two mis-timed jumps for high balls, but he settled down and looked strong. Good, powerful shot on him, too.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only thing that bugs me about him is that as soon as he appears, half the people sitting around me turn instantly into Sun readers, banging on about "Argies", the Belgrano and the Falklands. Or calling him Maradona.

:rolleyes:

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I must be frank, I didn't see any pre-season games this year but on the showing last night I don't get all the hype of CKR. Now I know he is young if thats an excuse these days in football..(rooney) but I thought he didn't play very well and that he and Knight didn't work too well as Knight was always on the flanks.Turienzo looked a better bet I have to say. For one I thought the best player yesterday was Robinson. He had pace and ran at players. Very exciting! I feel we some width as a team. It looks a little one dimensional to be honest. All through the middle. Bring on Jarrett and Robinson on the flanks and we might scare some teams.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I have to agree with you there nutter, CKR didn't impress me too much last night. Lets hope he can do better on Sat.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Sounds like he did o.k good stuff,lets not forget it was his first outing in the league,it was like being thrown in the deep end.Im sure he will be a great player:clap: :drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
nutter said:
I must be frank, I didn't see any pre-season games this year but on the showing last night I don't get all the hype of CKR. Now I know he is young if thats an excuse these days in football..(rooney) but I thought he didn't play very well and that he and Knight didn't work too well as Knight was always on the flanks.Turienzo looked a better bet I have to say. For one I thought the best player yesterday was Robinson. He had pace and ran at players. Very exciting! I feel we some width as a team. It looks a little one dimensional to be honest. All through the middle. Bring on Jarrett and Robinson on the flanks and we might scare some teams.
Lets stick jake on the left side and knight on the right side.Then kazam and turienzo up front,thats super pace alround:clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
sydney said:
said on bbc website the possession ratio was 70%-30% in favour of reading, if that is true that is a bit worrying....???

really?! that is quite strange, as i am certain we had a lot more of the ball than that. especially in the second half when we were 1-0 down. but then again i suppose dodd did keep giving it away

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Scotty M said:
really?! that is quite strange, as i am certain we had a lot more of the ball than that. especially in the second half when we were 1-0 down. but then again i suppose dodd did keep giving it away
Even the reading evening post said we dominated most of the first half and certainly we was in total control 15 mins into the 2nd half,you sure its not the wrong way round:glare:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Marshy said:
Henderson

Dodd
McShane
Butters

Reid
Capenter
Nicolas
Hammond
Knight

CKR
Turi

Love the look of that (even if this comes from someone who hasn't seen Dodd,McShane,CKR or Turi in action)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
fatboy said:
Knight is the only player that can play on the left of midfield.

This allows Hammond to play his best game in central midfield.

So we need someone to partner Kazim-Richards up front.

But Knight is NOT a winger

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
But Knight is NOT a winger

virgo wasn't a striker

knight is the only one who can do a decent job out there, so until we sign someone who can, then he should be playing there for the good of the team

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
I think the problem is we have sold players without replacing them, it's as simple as that. We sold Currie, and didn't get a replacement, we sold Cullip, ditto, Harding, Virgo.. in fact, going all the way back to Zamora we didn't get a similar calibre player of note.

I think the real coup in the summer was signing Dodd, and our real mistake was letting Paul Watson go last season. If we'd have kept him, even with the injury he was recovering from, at least we'd have contention for places and a decent set piece taker. Watson was consistently good in Division 2 and 3.

I mean, personally I'd prefer Watson to Mayo at left back. I also don't think of Oatway as being really able to cut it in the Championship, let's be honest - is he good enough?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Watto played at right back.

Dodd did some great free kicks and corners at Derby (the Hammond goal resulted from one)
They just didn't come off last night.

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Yorkie said:
Watto played at right back.

He did play mainly at right back. I saw him play three or four games at left back while Kerry was out injured, and he aquitted himself well I thought. (Being left footed helped!)

Also, him being able to play either side would've been useful, as I don't much fancy Paul Reid or El Abd at right back if Dodd gets injured. With such a small squad we need a few utility players!

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Problem with playing Leon left wing is it's gonna leave Kerry Mayo exposed a bit which we don't really want
Not if he's on the bench, it doesn't:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
jolson said:
He did play mainly at right back. I saw him play three or four games at left back while Kerry was out injured, and he aquitted himself well I thought. (Being left footed helped!)

Also, him being able to play either side would've been useful, as I don't much fancy Paul Reid or El Abd at right back if Dodd gets injured. With such a small squad we need a few utility players!

I'm not sure but can't either Sam Rents or Gary Elphick play there?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
bakesy said:
Not if he's on the bench, it doesn't:lolol:

I'm inclined to agree.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here