Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turienzo

Oct 25, 2003
the thing that impressed me most was when he dropped deep, neatly controlled the ball, ACTUALLY LOOKED UP, and played a nice pass across the field to an unmarked paul reid

if he can pass AND shoot we're onto a winner:) :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Looked good and got a couple of good shots in.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
Good point about Withdean food!
Once you've finished with the refrigerated toilet roll, give your gut feeling a bit of time. Either that or buy some Settlers. He's good, Oatway on the other hand would have been better used servign the burgers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mr Albion said:
He scored goals in the Libatadores Cup (Same as the Champions League) and his game is perfectly suited to England. Big, can head, good runner AND has good touch. This guy could be the best signing, lets give him the support he deserves. Or is it an anti Argentian thing? Shame on you if it is.
All I'm saying is, we've not seen anywhere near enough of him yet to start calling the guy a 'class act'...he looked ok tonight, but we've not really seen what he can do yet. You say he can head - I didn't see him win one header. Good runner, good touch...maybe, we'll see when he's fully fit. But lets not go overboard just yet. He might be useful, he might not. Its too early to say.

As for asking whether its anti-argentinian - I couldn't give a toss where he's from as long as he does the business in the stripes.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
Give him a chance, he's good!!! He can score AND Pass that round bouncy thing.
Support the lads, (yes even the lamentable Oatway!)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Oatway has been a weak link for ages - he may be good in the dressing room and a good motivator, but he needs to do the business on the pitch too!

Bring back Nicolas - he is like Oatway in tenacity but less of a headless chicken than Oatway. Can't fault Oatways effort, but his ability is lacking at this level.

El Turi looked very good tonight. I think McGhee is desperate to get him into the team, he talked even after the good Derby performance of him being the spearhead, CKR playing the withdrawn role behind him and Leon being found a place somewhere else. This for me remains the most likely change for Crewe, and, who knows, the disappointment of tonight may force his hand early on this. I say may, because McGhee won't overreact to this defeat.

I can't wait to see Turi and CKR up front with Leon on the left. I think we can surprise a few teams this season, Turi is a WINNER.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I can't wait to see Turi and CKR up front with Leon on the left. I think we can surprise a few teams this season, Turi is a WINNER.

and while we're at it put Jake on the right side of midfield as well. means we'd have to drop Reid or Dodd and one of Carpenter / Oatway / Hammond.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Turi looked ok - wish he'd JUMP for the ball occasionally though. He had a few pumped up to him which he didn't seem particularly interested in challenging in the air for.

Turi - if you're reading this - jumpo inna da airo for da ballo. Innit.

Never stopped Darren Freeman being liked by some

BHA links said:
and while we're at it put Jake on the right side of midfield as well. means we'd have to drop Reid or Dodd and one of Carpenter / Oatway / Hammond.

I thought that too, but perhaps it leaves us a bit too lightweight when defending. Would be great to watch going forward though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
nickgeo said:
Never stopped Darren Freeman being liked by some
But Darren Freeman was a 6 ft gyppo, not an 8 ft argie. Did you see the size of Turi's shorts ? You could sheath a couple of canoes in them.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Mr Albion said:
Give him a chance, he's good!!! He can score AND Pass that round bouncy thing.
Support the lads, (yes even the lamentable Oatway!)

Mr Albion - surely you don't have time to be frequenting this board? Shouldn't you be opening the batting for Sussex at Cheltenham? :wave:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I thought on the basis of his cameo performance last nite that El Turi deserves his chance for a longer spell. If hes not fully fit then at least half an hour or so.

He had a couple of 'Batigol' type shots out of nothing and held the ball up well and actually passed to players in the same colour shirt which helps. Something that Big Mac tried and failed to do last season.

Turi definitely will bring out the best in CKR or Jakey im sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here