Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday 3 pts are vital

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We'll probably draw tomorrow and everyone, including myself will be shitting themselves.
True I'm afraid. The trouble with being top is that the only way is down, meaning that following a defeat, anything other than a win causes you to shit it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's not unthinkable to be beaten but this is out first chance to turn games in hand into points. These one/two games in hand are pointless (literally) if we don't widen the gap.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anything less than a win and we might as well write the season off now.

Agreed.

Stop all the cocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent J block from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the South Stand and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message The Season Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the Nazi stewards wear black cotton gloves.

Gus was my North, my South, my East and West,
Ees complicated, my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that being top would last for ever: I was wrong.

The three points are not wanted now: subtract every one;
Pack up Craig Noone and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up Chris Wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
At the moment it is a funny situation were in. This time a couple of season's ago we were worried about staying in league one and now its all turned on it's head. We were cruising at the top and now the gap has been closed and everyone is getting worried but as long as we are in the the top 2 we have a chance of winning this league and, yes tomorrow is a big game as we need the points to take the gap further but if we only get the 1 point i trust Gus and the boys and we will be top at the end of the season.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
0-0 written all over it tomorow. Resulting in NSC going into meltdown about how we'll bottle it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Winning is better than drawing, which in turn, is better than losing.

That's my take on it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The only "must win" games are ones where if you draw/lose then you're either either relegated, or miss out on promotion.

Damm straight.

All that's up for grabs tomorrow is at maximum 3 points. Colchester are good (or at least don't lose many) as well so it will be far from easy

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
3pts is vital tomorrow and it is a must win game really.We need to crank up the pressure for other teams.I'm sure the last time we won this league we followed up a defeat straight away with a win.
Bouncing back helps with moral etc.

I have a horrible feeling though it will be a draw.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed.

Stop all the cocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent J block from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the South Stand and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message The Season Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the Nazi stewards wear black cotton gloves.

Gus was my North, my South, my East and West,
Ees complicated, my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that being top would last for ever: I was wrong.

The three points are not wanted now: subtract every one;
Pack up Craig Noone and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up Chris Wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would take a point. Col Utd are not a bad outfit and (I could be wrong) but seem to be pretty good at picking up draws away from home.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we have not lost at home this season they have only lost two away games and If I were a betting man my money would be on a draw.
but this is the Albion and just about anything can happen although since prince Gus has been here we have given next to nothing away in goals and have the best scoring team in the league(others have scored more but also given away more) so me thinks it will be them shitting themselves not US
2-0 to the Mighty Albion

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
I'd start with Kish, Dicker and Murray (in replace of Sparrow, Bridcutt and Barnes). We looked so much more threatening with those on the pitch at the weekend, and we need the cool head of Kish to calm the game down if we start hoofing it forward like against Bournemouth. There's definitely more of a goal threat with Murray on the pitch too, like we saw at the weekend.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
After our previous three defeats we came back with a result:

21-Aug-10 A Sheffield Wednesday L 0-1
28-Aug-10 H Walsall W 2-1

13-Nov-10 A Hartlepool United L 1-3
20-Nov-10 H Bristol Rovers D 2-2

11-Dec-10 A Huddersfield Town L 1-2
29-Dec-10 H Charlton Athletic D 1-1

I have no reason to think we cannot get at least a draw but really do need a win!!

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I would take a point. Col Utd are not a bad outfit and (I could be wrong) but seem to be pretty good at picking up draws away from home.

This. In their last two games they have drawn with Huddersfield and beaten Bournemouth, who they have beaten twice. A point would be good right now.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
I would consider Tarrico because I think that Calderon was very poor on Saturday and think Tarrico would do better. As regards Kishishev who I consider does the same job as Bridcutt if as you advocate dropping you are then replacing 1 player for a similar type of player as opposed to Dicker who does not do the same job as either of them.

Arse talking again Grandad. Calderon was made to look poor as a result of good homework by Bournemouth scouts , ie isolated by their wide men. Happen to know that the Colchester chief scout has also named Calderon as our weak link .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here