Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday 3 pts are vital

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This. In their last two games they have drawn with Huddersfield and beaten Bournemouth, who they have beaten twice. A point would be good right now.

My predicition is 0-0. I would love us to break them down and get a win but even one point is putting us further out of reach.
The definition of vital is life sustaining, so by that token if we don't get the 3 points we are dead? Essential we get a win? No, but certainly important.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I can see this game being a banana skin with us losing. I've never liked Colchester much...don't know why....always reminded me of dog shit that's got stuck in the crevasses in your trainer...you can smell it but can't do much about it!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This. In their last two games they have drawn with Huddersfield and beaten Bournemouth, who they have beaten twice. A point would be good right now.

Indeed. Come Weds I would be happy to be 4 points clear of 2nd place with a game in hand and 6 ahead of Soton with same amount of games.

I mean I want all 3 of course but a draw would not be the end of the world.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Arse talking again Grandad. Calderon was made to look poor as a result of good homework by Bournemouth scouts , ie isolated by their wide men. Happen to know that the Colchester chief scout has also named Calderon as our weak link .

If that is the case all the more reason to consider Tarrico who is more defensiver than Calderon. The good thing about Saturday is that the Celtic scout may have been watching Calderon again. I have no doubt he will come good again but Saturday wasnt one to remember for him.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
In 2001/02, when we won L1, we lost just six league games. We won the game following each of those defeats.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Colchester will be difficult but after Saturday's disappointment I feel (reasonably) certain we'll bounce back with a win. Don't think Gus will settle for anything less. Murray to start.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I can't go to the match tomorrow night.:( Always enjoy midweek matches at Withdean more.

It's going to be a difficult game. Colchester will be tough to break down and they have an experienced and tactically good manager in John Ward.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If that is the case all the more reason to consider Tarrico who is more defensiver than Calderon. The good thing about Saturday is that the Celtic scout may have been watching Calderon again. I have no doubt he will come good again but Saturday wasnt one to remember for him.
Calde had a lot of problems because he had two men to deal with a lot of the time, that's the nightmare scenario for a fullback. Putting Taricco in wouldn't have helped that imo.

I'd bring Kish back, because he will help out his fullbacks if they need it. I'd also bring Dicker back because I think Colchester are going to be tough to break down, if you look at their record they've conceded very few goals. His superior passing should help us to open them up. And the midfield wasn't great on Saturday.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
IMO there are no "must win" games at this point of the season, a win would be great but most important is not losing and putting in a decent performance. Wouldn't be surprised to see us start with 3 strikers and go for it from the off.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Indeed. Come Weds I would be happy to be 4 points clear of 2nd place with a game in hand and 6 ahead of Soton with same amount of games.

I mean I want all 3 of course but a draw would not be the end of the world.

Agree but just imagine if we win we will be 6 points clear of 2nd and 3rd with a game in hand and 8 clear of 4th.

I think we will win although it will be tight. I think 2-1 to us with goals from Murray & Noone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arse talking again Grandad. Calderon was made to look poor as a result of good homework by Bournemouth scouts , ie isolated by their wide men. Happen to know that the Colchester chief scout has also named Calderon as our weak link .

If he's considered a weak link and the man to target by two teams in 4 days how is BG Arse talking? Sounds more like Bournemouth and Colchester coaches agree with Ben's Grandad to me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A win tomorrow evening gives us a 6 point gap on 2nd/3rd and a 8 point gap on 4th which might be needed later on if we lose 2 more games before the end of the season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he's considered a weak link and the man to target by two teams in 4 days how is BG Arse talking? Sounds more like Bournemouth and Colchester coaches agree with Ben's Grandad to me.

Exactly , the opposition scouts will be looking for areas of weakness to exploit however small they may be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here