Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The most recent NSC meet-up...

SNN1718Z-682_756286a.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Incidentally, has anyone on here ever been caught drinking on the tube? Or does anyone know of anyone who has been?

Nope, but it's one of those things I've noticed is frowned upon by fellow passengers. If you open up a can, expect lots of nasty looks.

Even worse light up a fag, you'll be grassed up before you take the first puff.

I suspect it's something to do with being underground and the slight feeling of danger because of certain events. Anything that makes other passengers feel uneasy (e.g. others being pissed up and annoying), expect a few stares at least. Remember on the tube you can't change carriage between stations (according to the rules...)

You still see the odd idiot having a crafty cigarette. It's the ultimate no-no after the Kings Cross disaster.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Incidentally, has anyone on here ever been caught drinking on the tube? Or does anyone know of anyone who has been?

British Transport Police got me just as I was about to pass through a barrier to get onto the tube at London Bridge, told me to drink it outside or chuck it away. That's the only time I've ever tried to take drink on.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Yeah fellow passengers aren't particularly partial to watching someone else drink a bottle of Budweiser on a Saturday morning/night, and I don't blame them.

But we'll keep doing it 'till we get caught. Our intentions are good :) (i.e. to get happily pissed)

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I saw a kiddie about to open a bottle'o'beer on the tube and his mates quietly told him to hang fire until they got off...........

as someone who's travelled the tube for 20 years.....it has become a definite no-no,
where once it was fairly common-place.....

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Six pints of Pedigree and a couple of diuretics before getting on the tube will make needing a piss before half-time last Saturday seem trivial.:blush:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Dear resident London Transport Sages,

Do any of you know how a skinflint like me can save a few pennies on the tube ride from L/Bridge to Leyton? It's about 4 quid each way now (I think) & it's a bloody outrage, quite frankly. It's little wonder that Orient have such poor attendances!

Yours,

Antagonized of Hove

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Dear resident London Transport Sages,

Do any of you know how a skinflint like me can save a few pennies on the tube ride from L/Bridge to Leyton? It's about 4 quid each way now (I think) & it's a bloody outrage, quite frankly. It's little wonder that Orient have such poor attendances!

Yours,

Antagonized of Hove

Oyster card ???

Or buy a travelcard with your ticket from brighton - doesn't add that much more to the cost.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Much obliged for the advice there guys. Sounds like I might be drinking cider on Saturday after all then. :wink:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A non Oyster (cash) fare from Leicester Square to Covent Garden is apparently the most expensive train journey in the world.

( miles traveled per pound )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here