Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tube to orient

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is there a refreshments trolley? I like those shortbreads they sell.

Funnily enough yes.

Uniquely Embankment station has a refreshments kiosk the tube side of the barrier.

If you are on the circle or district line and wish to buy a Kit Kat without breaking your journey Embankment is the station.

On the downside if you are passing Embankment and wish to buy a Kit Kat you will have to buy a tube ticket.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Funnily enough yes.

Uniquely Embankment station has a refreshments kiosk the tube side of the barrier.

If you are on the circle or district line and wish to buy a Kit Kat without breaking your journey Embankment is the station.

On the downside if you are passing Embankment and wish to buy a Kit Kat you will have to buy a tube ticket.

Good. Do you know if they still sell the Peanut butter variety? I was very partial to one of those.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Does my £5 Southern Daysave work on the tube?

Funnily enough no.

But there are a number of tube stations in London in where you can interchange between rail and tube services without leaving the station or platform.

At Moorgate and Highbury Islington First Capital Connect trains enter the underground station and depart and arrive directly opposite tube services.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Funnily enough yes.

Uniquely White City station has a ladies and gents the tube side of the barrier.

If you are on the central line and wish to take a leak without breaking your journey White City is the station.

On the downside if you are passing White City and wish to take a leak you will have to buy a tube ticket.

A sort of Pay As You Piss

Not quite unique. Wimbledon and Richmond have toilets.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Funnily enough no.

But there are a number of tube stations in London in where you can interchange between rail and tube services without leaving the station or platform.

At Moorgate and Highbury Islington First Capital Connect trains enter the underground station and depart and arrive directly opposite tube services.

:down:

Will be on the 1149 Casual Express from Brighton, after 2 1/2 Hours in the Wetherspoons, daaaan West Street. Oh, how it will be different when I turn 18. Going Victoria route, then leaving the game 20 minutes early, Central to Liverpool Street, up to WHL for the 1730 kick off against Villa. First (and probably last chance) I'll get to do this.

I hope you enjoyed my input?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You have to pay to piss there. Both by going through the ticket barrier AND 20p!

Or you could try to be a clever MUG like myself, at Marlybone before Wycombe, and jump the barrier....fall flat on the floor, spraining my wrist in the process, and needing it in a sling for 3 weeks.

Will not be jumping them DEATH TRAPS again.:facepalm::blush:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Or you could try to be a clever MUG like myself, at Marlybone before Wycombe, and jump the barrier....fall flat on the floor, spraining my wrist in the process, and needing it in a sling for 3 weeks.

Will not be jumping them DEATH TRAPS again.:facepalm::blush:

:laugh: Now that my good friends is called KARMA. Sorry :blush:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Aye, you can.

Well I stand corrected, although a little bit of research suggests that the Richmond ones are often closed.

I would add that Richmond/Wimbleson as tube and rail station somewhat different as toilets in railway stations are far from uncommon.

I can't think of another tube only station in London that has toilet next to the platform.

The toilets at White City are free and regularly cleaned.

Quite unusual.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Uniquely White City station has a ladies and gents the tube side of the barrier.

If you are on the central line and wish to take a leak without breaking your journey White City is the station.

Unfortunately if you find yourself at White City on the Central line on Saturday you are going in the wrong direction for Leyton!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Unfortunately if you find yourself at White City on the Central line on Saturday you are going in the wrong direction for Leyton!

Depends which direction you are coming from !

Reminds me yet another route.

East Croydon to Clapham Junction, Clapham Junction to Shepherds Bush (Main Line), Shepherds Bush (Tube) to Leyton.

Technically speaking you could go the wrong direction for one stop (Shepherds Bush to White City), have a leak (without having to go through a barrier) than continue your journey the other way along the central line.

However, this wouldn't be my choice.

I would simply use the toilet at Clapham Junction which again is on the train side after the barriers (in the main tunnel linking all platforms), thus allowing you to have a leak without breaking your journey again.

I would warn people thought that the services there are very very small. A single cubicle and a two man urinal. The services at White City are more spacious.

You also have the option to watch QPR instead if they are playing at home.

You pays your money you take your piss. It's really up to you.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well I stand corrected, although a little bit of research suggests that the Richmond ones are often closed.

I would add that Richmond/Wimbleson as tube and rail station somewhat different as toilets in railway stations are far from uncommon.

I can't think of another tube only station in London that has toilet next to the platform.

The toilets at White City are free and regularly cleaned.

Quite unusual.

It did feel as though I was cheating with tube/train stations.

I seem to remember having a slash in Green Park once, but can't remember whether the toilets were beyond the barrier. (At least I hope it was a toilet :lolol: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here