Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube strike on Weds

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Planned engineering works for specific date Transport for London

Nothing on there yet. Jubilee line up from London Bridge was my plan.

RMT leadership threatens strike over wildly unrealistic pay claims and avoids reality over duplication of jobs Transport for London

But this is...

I think there is a better route if the tube is running, carry on with FCC to St Pancras, then get the Met line from there direct to Wembley Park..

Met line is alot faster than Jubilee

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The Train Tickets I got are FCC only. Surely if we jump on a Southern train to Clapham they will understand. If not, we're f***ed.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The Train Tickets I got are FCC only. Surely if we jump on a Southern train to Clapham they will understand. If not, we're f***ed.

Is your ticket to London terminals?

I think in these circumstances they have instructions to accept them via "any reasonable route"

Otherwise head up to St Pancras, walk to Euston, and get a train from there to Wembley Central.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Is your ticket to London terminals?

I think in these circumstances they have instructions to accept them via "any reasonable route"

Otherwise head up to St Pancras, walk to Euston, and get a train from there to Wembley Central.

My tickets are from Brighton to London Bridge with a Day Travelcard.

Do you get a train from Euston the same area, as where you get trains to places like Northampton etc, etc?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
My tickets are from Brighton to London Bridge with a Day Travelcard.

Do you get a train from Euston the same area, as where you get trains to places like Northampton etc, etc?

Your travel card would cover you up to Wembley Central, as it is in a London travel card zone.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I said it would be the better option IF the tube was running.

The Met line zooms along from Kings Cross, unlike Jubilee which stops at all the stations inbetween.

I see your point, but it takes about 20 minutes longer to get to St Panc, than it does London Bridge.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I see your point, but it takes about 20 minutes longer to get to St Panc, than it does London Bridge.

True. I just see Jubilee Line as being always fully packed with tourists between L.Bridge up to Bond Street, as it goes through Green Park/Westminster/Waterloo..

Met line on the other hand simply whisks you into deepest darkest NW London, and I don't think many tourists have an urge to see Harrow..

I may be wrong mind you. :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why not drive -you can park free a 20 min walk from the stadium, and after an evening match I always get back to Shoreham by midnight. It's quicker than the train - just a thought.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cheers :thumbsup:

I shall be accompanied by another NSC poster, however, who wishes to visit the Science Museum for a bit :lolol: so that will have to be worked in somehow. But other than that, there will mainly be eating and (even more so) drinking involved, so all suggestions for decent pubs, bars and so on are gratefully received.

If the Science Museum proves too complicated without the Tube running, I shall tell him to ram it and go to the pub instead :D

345 bus takes you from Clapham Junction station all the way to South Kensington.

It's very regular too.

I'd imagine that Clapham Junction will be mental if there is a tube strike. I've only got that as an option to get to work on the day of a strike, and even on a normal day I'm hard to pressed to even get on the train I need to get on.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

The you will need to travel on FCC otherwise SR will charge you the full fare.

if the ticket includes zones 1-6 travel card then once inside TfL zones it becomes moot which service you use. FCC up to (and back from) East Croydon then change to a Clapham bound train.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its an 8.15 kick off.... f***ed to get back to Worthing really, might get the coach from Brighton, only £20 return....

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
The latest on the strike is that there were talks between management and the unions on Friday and an offer was made to the unions regarding pay etc. The unions have yet to respond but are probably using the weekend to mull it over before replying with a decision tomorrow or Tuesday. Fingers crossed they accept the offer and the strike is called off. Watch this space!

The latest on the strike is that there were talks between management and the unions on Friday and an offer was made to the unions regarding pay etc. The unions have yet to respond but are probably using the weekend to mull it over before replying with a decision tomorrow or Tuesday. Fingers crossed they accept the offer and the strike is called off. Watch this space!
The union wants a 1 year deal,Tfl want a five year deal,an offer has been made of a four year deal,this will not be accepted,it's not about the money funseekers,it's about the length of deal.
And yes,as a tube driver I have been known to burn busloads of orphans,it's all true what state television says.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here