Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube strike on Weds

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The union wants a 1 year deal,Tfl want a five year deal,...it's not about the money funseekers,it's about the length of deal.

quite right, so the RMT can hold TfL and London to ransom again next year and the year after in the run up to the olypmics.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Nuts. I need to get to Liverpool Street to get to Stansted and catch a plane. Completely forgot about the strike. :angry:

What's the tube got to do with it BoF? I go Liverpool Street way to every Spurs home game. Brighton - London Bridge, then walk across the bridge to Liverpool Street. 15 minutes, max.:drink:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What's the tube got to do with it BoF? I go Liverpool Street way to every Spurs home game. Brighton - London Bridge, then walk across the bridge to Liverpool Street. 15 minutes, max.:drink:

Doable, but...It is going to take longer and I am short on time as it is. I don't want to end up missing my flight!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Doable, but...It is going to take longer and I am short on time as it is. I don't want to end up missing my flight!

I personally think it's quicker. Dont you have to change at Monument, if your getting tube from LB to LS? There's even bus's that leave LB, every 4 mins to LS. Where you going anyway? Anywhere nice?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would be about 35 mins on the Hammersmith and Picc line from Hammersmith for me.

Off to Selkirk for the annual Common Riding. Flag waving, beer guzzling, horse galloping event with thousands lining the streets and three days solid drinking.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Nice little town, Selkirk. Hope you make your flight. :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

That'll be my route to work Weds and Thurs. Number 149 bus goes LB to LS if you're feeling lazy or it's pissing down, although quite often it's actually quicker to walk.

PD - Do you not go Brighton->Victoria->Tottenham Hale for footy? Thats my normal work route and it's quicker.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
awwwww balls. didn't even see about this.. thank god for NSC innit hahah :)

flying out of heathrow wednesday afternoon... gonna be a right f***ing pain in the arse getting from east london now. it's normally so easy jumping on the picccadilly line.

and to second the london bridge > liverpool st advice, it's SO quick walking. normally beats the 149 if you set a good pace :clap:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
That'll be my route to work Weds and Thurs. Number 149 bus goes LB to LS if you're feeling lazy or it's pissing down, although quite often it's actually quicker to walk.

PD - Do you not go Brighton->Victoria->Tottenham Hale for footy? Thats my normal work route and it's quicker.

Never ever been to Tottenham Hale in my life. If I do go the Victoria way it's a simple;

Brighton -> Victoria -> Victoria Line [Northbound] up to Seven Sisters.

But, I've been mainly drinking in a pub right by WHL station this season, so it's quicker for me to go ;

Brighton -> London Bridge -> Walk to Liverpool Street -> Train up to White Hart Lane / Bruce Grove.

Defiantly prefer it, and it saves go on something I hate - The Tube.:O

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Thanks. Only just seen that!

I had to meet a friend to help carry her bags. A bus from Vic to Liverpool St took about 1.5 hours, but we made it in the end. Glad to escape the London meltdown!

Blimey. You could have walked it in less than that.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Corr, spending an hour and a half, on a busy bus in London, does it get worse?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here