Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube strike on Weds

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Just heard about this :rant::rant:

This will really bugger up my plans for the England game. How the hell do I get to Wembley without using the tube?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
And in a way that is surely a better route to take then having to go into central London and meander out on the tube?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
That is the best route to go.

The problem is that everyone will be doing the same.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is the strike definitely going ahead then or is it one of those things that will probably be called off come Tuesday evening?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Is the strike definitely going ahead then or is it one of those things that will probably be called off come Tuesday evening?

I was debating that with a friend, I think maybe this time it won't be called off.

There have been multiple strikes that have been averted in the last couple of years so I think Bob may well go through with it this time.

Before people moan about it happening, there has only been the one I can recall, in Sep 07.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Before people moan about it happening, there has only been the one I can recall, in Sep 07.

I reserve my statutory right to moan, thanks :lolol:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I reserve my statutory right to moan, thanks :lolol:

Don't worry, so will I. I mean I can easily get the bus into work but it means I have to get up earlier...

It was rather a mental day in London last time the strike was on, the roads were far busier and I had to deal with some useless letting agents while trying to dart round London via First Capital Connect(god help me) and the buses.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't worry, so will I. I mean I can easily get the bus into work but it means I have to get up earlier...

It was rather a mental day in London last time the strike was on, the roads were far busier and I had to deal with some useless letting agents while trying to dart round London via First Capital Connect(god help me) and the buses.

Hmmm, well I'm going to the England game but have the day off so was planning on going up to London late morning-ish for a wander around and a few eats/drinks.

Looks like I will just have to cope with buses :angry:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm, well I'm going to the England game but have the day off so was planning on going up to London late morning-ish for a wander around and a few eats/drinks.

Looks like I will just have to cope with buses :angry:

If you give it a bit of a think and the weather isn't too bad, you can have a decent wander about too.

Go up to London Bridge on FCC, a nice few drinks round the river/grub.

Jump back on FCC to go from L.Bridge to St Pancras, 5min walk to Euston, then get the Euston to Watford Junction train to get to Wembley Central.

Sorted, and NO need for buses :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you give it a bit of a think and the weather isn't too bad, you can have a decent wander about too.

Go up to London Bridge on FCC, a nice few drinks round the river/grub.

Jump back on FCC to go from L.Bridge to St Pancras, 5min walk to Euston, then get the Euston to Watford Junction train to get to Wembley Central.

Sorted, and NO need for buses :thumbsup:

Cheers :thumbsup:

I shall be accompanied by another NSC poster, however, who wishes to visit the Science Museum for a bit :lolol: so that will have to be worked in somehow. But other than that, there will mainly be eating and (even more so) drinking involved, so all suggestions for decent pubs, bars and so on are gratefully received.

If the Science Museum proves too complicated without the Tube running, I shall tell him to ram it and go to the pub instead :D

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Oh dear.

This could be a nightmare.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Cheers :thumbsup:

I shall be accompanied by another NSC poster, however, who wishes to visit the Science Museum for a bit :lolol: so that will have to be worked in somehow. But other than that, there will mainly be eating and (even more so) drinking involved, so all suggestions for decent pubs, bars and so on are gratefully received.

If the Science Museum proves too complicated without the Tube running, I shall tell him to ram it and go to the pub instead :D

Science Museum could be worked in if you go to Victoria, you can walk it from there just about, and then you can walk from there to West Brompton to get the train up to Willesden Junction and head up to Wembley..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Science Museum could be worked in if you go to Victoria, you can walk it from there just about, and then you can walk from there to West Brompton to get the train up to Willesden Junction and head up to Wembley..

You're better than the TFL website :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Planned engineering works for specific date Transport for London

Nothing on there yet. Jubilee line up from London Bridge was my plan.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/archive/11854.aspx
The RMT has announced strike action to commence at 18.59 hours on Tuesday 9 June through to 18.58 hours on Thursday 11 June 2009. TfL has advised that it will do all it can to keep customers fully informed of the impact of this action but is advising customers to check Live Travel News for updates before travelling, and to use Journey Planner to plan a possible alternative route

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here