Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube stations evacuated

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
From Sky News

INCIDENTS REPORTED NEAR TUBE STATIONS
A series of incidents have been reported near Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations on the London Underground.

The station have been evacuated. Smoke was seen coming from a train.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1189833,00.html

INCIDENTS REPORTED NEAR TUBE STATIONS

A series of incidents have been reported near Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations on the London Underground.

The station have been evacuated. Smoke was seen coming from a train.

A man on the train told Sky News he spoke to an Italian man who witnessed an explosion.

"He told me he had seen a man carrying a rucksack which suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open his rucksack. Everyone rushed from the carriage. People evacuated very quickly. There was no panic.

"I didn't see anyone injured but there was shock and fright.

"There was a smell of smoke."

"The man who was holding the rucksack looked extremely dismayed.

Police have cordoned off the streets around Warren Street station. They said a suspect package had been reported on a Victoria Line train.

Sky reporter Mark White said authorities are "pushing everybody as far back from the station as they can".

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
All going off again. Shootout at a station, nail bomb gone off and another incident on a bus.
:nono:

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Sky news, Channel 4 news, just about any news channel.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Incidents at Shepherd Bush, Warren Steet & Oval stations and on a bus.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Just the detonators have gone off, not on the scale of last time. Bus is intact and no reports of casualtys.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fuckinell, I can't believe this. Hope its somehow not as serious as it sounds.

:(

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The bus hasn't blown up. It's been evacuated and the police have cordoned it off. Sounds like the other members of the cell have tried to launch an attack and it's turned out to have been a bit of a rush job.

Here's hoping anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very confusing we are located in Kings Cross.

TV is on but not clear what is happening - loads of sirens

Could be a long journey home :( :(

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Tube network has been shut down as a precaution but police say they are not treating it as a major incident yet.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
From my chemistry days I would say if the explosives were homemade that were used on the previous attack, and the same mix had tried to be used today then there is a distinct possibility that over the past couple of weeks the material has degenerated making it more difficult to explode. That is at least what I hope has happened and its not some sort of crude chemical attack :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here