Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trying to buy a ticket for tonights game... (The before)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not able to buy on the website. Call the ticket office? 9th in the queue!!!! Hang on for 10 minutes and then give up, when i've made it to 7th. On a tuesday morning of Barnet at home in the Carling Cup??

The automated message gives me advice about buying tickets for Crewe away.....just how understaffed are they?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had the misfortune of atttempting to buy tickets over the phone for one match last season (Millwall at home on a Tuesday night I think). I was calling a few days in advance, and it took me something like three attempts all with 15-20 minutes on hold before I finally got through. Fortunately I was at work and so had nothing better to do, plus its not my phone bill. Most folk would probably have thought "stuff it" though and just given up.

The ticketing system at the Albion is an absolute f***ing disgrace. We must be losing money hand over fist, you have to be DETERMINED to get through.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Not able to buy on the website. Call the ticket office? 9th in the queue!!!! Hang on for 10 minutes and then give up, when i've made it to 7th. On a tuesday morning of Barnet at home in the Carling Cup??

The automated message gives me advice about buying tickets for Crewe away.....just how understaffed are they?

Just bought mine now. Had a five minute wait, but they were polite and helpful when I finally got through. It's all teething problems, methinks. Hope so anyway.

:clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and Patrick answered and sold me 3 tickets... and very helpfully answered a query about our Season Tickets too.

And all round good expereience!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
My understanding is that Ken Brown was spending two days last week looking into how it could be improved.

Fingers crossed! Anyone know why it's not available online?

Queue position 4- estimated time to answer? 1 minute......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My understanding is that Ken Brown was spending two days last week looking into how it could be improved.

Bit of a joke when it was brought to his attention last season just what a shambles trying to buy tickets over the phone is. If we ever get anyone decent in the Cup down here, its going to be absolute carnage.

I had the misfortune of atttempting to buy tickets over the phone for one match last season (Millwall at home on a Tuesday night I think). I was calling a few days in advance, and it took me something like three attempts all with 15-20 minutes on hold before I finally got through. Fortunately I was at work and so had nothing better to do, plus its not my phone bill. Most folk would probably have thought "stuff it" though and just given up.

The ticketing system at the Albion is an absolute f***ing disgrace. We must be losing money hand over fist, you have to be DETERMINED to get through.

Time for the club to try and get that stupid rule about pay at the gate lifted. That has to be the biggest reason the 'casual supporters' don't go-it's too much of an effort to spend your money on an Albion ticket. Until we draw West 'am in the Cup.

I was thinking of coming down from Guildford for tonight's game but simply can't be bothered to wait on the phone for 30 to 40 minutes so I won't bother. I'll set up my iPod Radio and listen instead...Seagull's World?...PAH!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I booked online for the Leighton Orient game at the end of the month, I ordered thursday of last week and the tickets came this morning. I would definitely recommend booking online.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Time for the club to try and get that stupid rule about pay at the gate lifted. That has to be the biggest reason the 'casual supporters' don't go-it's too much of an effort to spend your money on an Albion ticket. Until we draw West 'am in the Cup.

I was thinking of coming down from Guildford for tonight's game but simply can't be bothered to wait on the phone for 30 to 40 minutes so I won't bother. I'll set up my iPod Radio and listen instead...

What a pathetic excuse... it took me 4 minutes and the tickets will be waiting at the ground for collection. If that is too much hassle for you then fair enough, don't bother.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

I was thinking of coming down from Guildford for tonight's game but simply can't be bothered to wait on the phone for 30 to 40 minutes so I won't bother. I'll set up my iPod Radio and listen instead...Seagull's World?...PAH!

Not sure if it's that easy. But I do wonder if they could open up a ticket office at the ground in a portakabin. All other clubs in this league seem to have one.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
It may help if people didn't all decide to buy tickets on the day of the game. Tickets have been on sale for weeks.

I would imagine it's not practical for the club to employ huge numbers of staff just for the day of the game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I booked online for the Leighton Orient game at the end of the month, I ordered thursday of last week and the tickets came this morning. I would definitely recommend booking online.

I would also recommend this method. Trouble was, I was at work and so couldn't access the Albion website. I was therefore at the mercy of their telephone booking system, which (on that particular occasion) absolutely horrendous.
I think I did a whiney thread about it at the time.

Not sure if it's that easy. But I do wonder if they could open up a ticket office at the ground in a portakabin. All other clubs in this league seem to have one.

I'm sure it would be difficult but they should try (maybe they already are). They've done the right thing with the U21 season ticket deal but it's all of the lapsed supporters who just want to turn up on the day they are losing income from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here