Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It might be a simplistic question, but when did the GOP supporters – or at least the most vocal/'dynamic' ones (I'm trying not to upset Mo G with my left-wing wokeness' of using terms that deemed offensive and Bear-Pit friendly) – become so prominent? Did they have much of an influence or collective base before Trump? Or was it a combination of his rise, the growth of social media (and right-wing channels such as OANN and NewsMax) and deeper splits within the Republican party that brought it out in the open?

I didn't pay too much attention to politics back in the day (especially not US stuff), but I don't recall seeing the same kinds of people – of the similar views being expressed – back in the days of Bush Jnr...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It might be a simplistic question, but when did the GOP supporters – or at least the most vocal/'dynamic' ones (I'm trying not to upset Mo G with my left-wing wokeness' of using terms that deemed offensive and Bear-Pit friendly) – become so prominent? Did they have much of an influence or collective base before Trump? Or was it a combination of his rise, the growth of social media (and right-wing channels such as OANN and NewsMax) and deeper splits within the Republican party that brought it out in the open?

I didn't pay too much attention to politics back in the day (especially not US stuff), but I don't recall seeing the same kinds of people – of the similar views being expressed – back in the days of Bush Jnr...
Bizarrely enough the answer might just be Sarah Palin and the T-Party.
Although in that you have to add a reaction to Obama.

But the T-Party got.more of a bump than expected.
The Republicans became a little scared to reign them in.
The right got stronger.
Trump's opponents were particularly weak.
As were the Democrats.

I would say it's a 'perfect storm' but you just have to change a few names and you have exactly the same here with Farage, Cameron et al.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Bizarrely enough the answer might just be Sarah Palin and the T-Party.
Although in that you have to add a reaction to Obama.

But the T-Party got.more of a bump than expected.
The Republicans became a little scared to reign them in.
The right got stronger.
Trump's opponents were particularly weak.
As were the Democrats.

I would say it's a 'perfect storm' but you just have to change a few names and you have exactly the same here with Farage, Cameron et al.

Is the right answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that a You Gov survey has found that 74% of Brits think that Trump should removed from office this week - this includes 64% of those woke, left wing Conservative voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see that a You Gov survey has found that 74% of Brits think that Trump should removed from office this week - this includes 64% of those woke, left wing Conservative voters

Would love to see how many Septics think Johnson should be removed from office for ****ing up Brexit and Covid and ruling over one of the most corrupt and lying government I can ever recall ? ... however, plenty on here would actually say he has done a wonderful job in the same way that 70 Million Americans voted for Crooked Trump.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Would love to see how many Septics think Johnson should be removed from office for ****ing up Brexit and Covid and ruling over one of the most corrupt and lying government I can ever recall ? ... however, plenty on here would actually say he has done a wonderful job in the same way that 70 Million Americans voted for Crooked Trump.

This is the Trump thread, not for derailing in to a Bear Pit thread.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
An organiser of the "Stop The Steal" movement has said that 3 GOP Congressmen helped him organise the protest. Wonder how they will vote.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Trump narrative is a once in a lifetime chain events which deserves it's own thread being kept on track, not wasted on Bear Pit stuff IMHO.

Calm down dear, you have made your point.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sorry, I thought this was the Crap Leader Thread.

8d9a25dbad2fc53bbc538b00f9370b6d_w200.gif

:wave:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Watching Republican in the impeachment trial trying to distance Trump from 6/1 is hilarious. They seem to brainwashed as the rioters [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here