Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Looks like he's done now. Pretty much all polls hitting at least +8 for Biden, up to +16.

I don't see what Trump can do or say from this position to make things better for him.

Survive covid while his enemies are prematurely dancing on his grave, push the message that covid is basically the flu and that the restrictions are destroying the economy and if he gets re-elected will force people to go back to normal (make state and city level restrictions illegal).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Survive covid while his enemies are prematurely dancing on his grave, push the message that covid is basically the flu and that the restrictions are destroying the economy and if he gets re-elected will force people to go back to normal (make state and city level restrictions illegal).

None of that seems to have helped him so far - he's being doing most of that for months and months and his polls continue to get worse and worse. None of the Democrats have been "dancing on his grave" at all, they've been very restrained and respectful in their comments on his diagnosis.

Why will continuing to do the same thing suddenly change the polls in a completely different direction?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Looks like he's done now. Pretty much all polls hitting at least +8 for Biden, up to +16.

I don't see what Trump can do or say from this position to make things better for him.

If this were to be a clean fight, you’d be right: Trump is unlikely to recover. He will however whip up hsis support to intimidate voters at the actual polls, and if he loses will claim electoral fraud.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If this were to be a clean fight, you’d be right: Trump is unlikely to recover. He will however whip up hsis support to intimidate voters at the actual polls, and if he loses will claim electoral fraud.

I guess the hope is that the win is big enough that it isn't feasible for him to claim fraud, and subsequently he loses any remaining support from Republican Senators etc.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don't think the losing supporters, whichever side, are going to simply keep quiet and accept it graciously.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The latest totally-made-up crazy claim from The Orange bungle****. We’re surely now only days away from “Joe Biden will eat your children.”

75d38b0c4590c34473dec35be3c709cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I guess the hope is that the win is big enough that it isn't feasible for him to claim fraud, and subsequently he loses any remaining support from Republican Senators etc.

There are going to be endless Republican Senators trying to distance themselves from Trump if. when he loses, the man has become a cult and it's insane...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are going to be endless Republican Senators trying to distance themselves from Trump if. when he loses, the man has become a cult and it's insane...

The latest chatter is that Lindsey Graham is in trouble.

That's huge!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well if you can bear to read an article in the Daily Fail, I just read Pier Morgans column as it was recommended on Press Reader.

I was convinced Morgan was a Trump licker and fan boy, but boy does he stick the boot in......

Maybe Morgan is just a master at staying on the side of the political wind, but glad he's also shouting loudly about what a fricking incompetent disaster, the orange idiot is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8814809/PIERS-MORGAN-Donald-Trumps-presidency-crashing-burning.html

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well if you can bear to read an article in the Daily Fail, I just read Pier Morgans column as it was recommended on Press Reader.

I was convinced Morgan was a Trump licker and fan boy, but boy does he stick the boot in......

Maybe Morgan is just a master at staying on the side of the political wind, but glad he's also shouting loudly about what a fricking incompetent disaster, the orange idiot is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8814809/PIERS-MORGAN-Donald-Trumps-presidency-crashing-burning.html

To be fair, he was a big fan of Trump, 4 years ago. He's now seen the light and can see through the orange charlatan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, he was a big fan of Trump, 4 years ago. He's now seen the light and can see through the orange charlatan.

No along with our current Prime Minister, Piers is the very definition of:-

"Everyone running that way - now follow me"

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I would be a little more lenient and say 'vote for him again'.

Give them a chance to realise that he is a **** and not vote for him again.
Yep, I could see the attraction of voting for him the first time. This time people's eyes should be wide open.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Hey Donald. That's how you debate something with another person who disagrees with you.

Both Pence and Harris offering reasonable behaviour and language ... And mutual respect. Not just ignoring each other and shouting.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
A blessing from god !!!!

This man has no shame, look at the idiot his head is orange and his hands are white !!

He is pumped up on bloody steroids, the man is clearly unhinged, can he be anymore stupid....

https://youtu.be/eCzBnp-yxMI

Next stage along on that narrative is that it is a plague from God and anyone dying from it is a sinner smited by God for whatever slight against the 'holy book'. Just what evangelical, gun toting, Christian rednecks need... Licence to blame the victim!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Next stage along on that narrative is that it is a plague from God and anyone dying from it is a sinner smited by God for whatever slight against the 'holy book'. Just what evangelical, gun toting, Christian rednecks need... Licence to blame the victim!

Oh, did you miss The Trumpsters tweet yesterday then, seems like that is exactly the ally he has chosen to bowl down..

“DEMS WANT TO SHUT YOUR CHURCHES DOWN, PERMANENTLY. HOPE YOU SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING. VOTE NOW!”

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I do wonder if - despite how ridiculous this approach seems - it will work. He is basically playing to his hardcore support which shouldn't be enough as he needs to keep those who came across from "Crooked Hillary" and I am not sure further right wing than the lino on the right wing will do that. But I said the same about Toad-Face Farage in the final days of the Brexit campaign and look how that worked out. My guess is that the latter was just to mobilise his mob to vote whilst the less radical people who wanted to leave had already made their mind up. Shoring up people who will vote for you even if you eat babies live on TV seems a strange way of gaining votes and this is about the man rather than the policy as Brexit was and there were other less divisive characters than Farage pushing for the vote. But I have given up trying to understand how people think. One policy seems to be enough to win a vote, despite how bad the other policies may be to the individual - the sheer number of lifelong Labour supporters voting Tory just for Brexit shows that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here