Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
CNN saying Biden is 16 points ahead in nationwide polls - great, that means Trump will probably win

The difference between poling for 2020 Vs 2016 is the number of undecideds. Although Biden is gaining more support among likely voters, it's not because Trump is losing them. It the undecided and the don't-vote who are saying they will support Biden. With the ease of mail-in and assuming many *will* brave the virus to vote on the day, this shouldn't be the upset it was in 2016 compared to the polls.

It's a big IF but if the numbers saying they'll vote Biden do, hopefully even the electoral college will fall Biden's way. I can see this being a Democrat clean sweep of President, Senate and House. Then I can see them adjusting the Supreme Court and doing away with the Electoral College. Big IF though! Virus, bad weather, some vote intimidation (sorry, Poll Watchers) could all impact turn out on the day, not to mention USPS being in Trump's pocket too.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
think he's badly miscalculating this one. no will attack you for being ill and recovering, even if you played down the virus (its precautionary, under guidance etc, etc). pretending to be fine when still ill makes you look reckless and you can be attacked because you say you're fine. still believe this election will be decided by the moderate Republicans, do they turn out or not, will they want to vote for this?

Kind of leaning this way too, but you can never tell, I mean, who the feck would vote for him in the first place.

But all of this is just another level of insane in Trump land. That video of him leaving hospital! Completely transparent for anyone with more than the single brain cell, but I guess a lot of idiots will love it.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Doubt it’s linked to any poll, more that Trump just can’t help himself.

I wouldn't be so sure. Trumps tactics seem to be to get a close enough result that he can use his voter fraud nonsense to claim victory in states he's narrowly lost and use the courts to battle the democrats long enough to become president ( I'm not sure it would even need legal victoires just muddying the water long enough to become president by default). To have a chance he needs to be relatively close in the polls, firstly to set up a close contest and secondly to convince people the polls were wrong. It's easier to do that if you are trailing by 3 or 4 points than 8 to 10.

The problem is the polls are moving against him from a poor position. His big chance to make up ground in the first debate failed. Whilst neither side looked good , Trump looked terrible and lost more ground on Biden. Then he and his team have been deicmated by covid 19, and going to hospital has made him appear weak and highlighted his terrible record in fighting the pandemic. He doesn't seem to be benefitting from a sympathy bounce like Boris Johnson, probably because of his general disregard of any safety measures and general dismissal of coronavirus as a serious threat. In fact it's early days but it seemsthe gap has widened. And you can bet if this is the case internal republican polls will show this

He needs a hail mary pass and i think this is why this ill advised attempt to appear stronger and healthier than he is has been made. I think he hopes he can tough it out for a few days whilst he recovers properly. The problem is any reversal in his condition will likely be the final nail in his re-election chances and in trying to come back too soon he has increased the likelihood of a relapse.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH if Trump wasn't ill he'd have walked back into the White House like it was Wrestlemania

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
[TWEET]1313263278613827585[/TWEET]
He genuinely looks like he's struggling to breathe a bit here, doesn't he? Also looks scared.

Newest poll puts Biden 16 points ahead.

I hope its not an act, I suspect it is, but I'm praying for the best. and I'm an aetheist. :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hope its not an act, I suspect it is, but I'm praying for the best. and I'm an aetheist. :lolol:

I really doubt it is.

The thing Trump fears more than anything in the world is looking weak or scared. He looks both here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not even sure what goes through someone's head (let's say a floating voter, as opposed to one of Trump's disciples) that would make them think: 'This guy had covid, so I'm going to vote for him.' Honestly, where is the logic?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
CNN saying Biden is 16 points ahead in nationwide polls - great, that means Trump will probably win

Polls do have a margin of error, but it's normally around 3% for any poll with the slightest bit of credibility!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Agreed, and I wasn't exactly being serious. But in 2016 Hillary Clinton had a 14 point lead nationwide, which is not that dissimilar, and that didn't end too well.

That was an outlier though far larger than other polls.

However, if you look at polls just a few days later, most had Clinton with a 2% lead (the Washington Post had her with a 5% lead and Reuters a 6% one but to counter-balance that, the LA Times had Trump with a 2% lead).

The difference this time is that all the polls are showing Biden with a healthy lead - around 8% on average and it's been that way for a long time.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
That was an outlier though. If you look at polls for that week, most had Clinton with a 2% lead (the Washington Post had her with a 5% lead and Reuters a 6% one but to counter-balance that, the LA Times had Trump with a 2% lead).

The difference this time is that all the polls are showing Biden with a healthy lead - around 8% on average

The polls have been remarkably static with Biden around 48-52 and trump around 41-44 for a long time. They're not moving around like they did in 2016. I think most people have decided on Trump.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think the best possible outcome now would be if he had to be readmitted to hospital.

That would instantly expose and undermine both his inappropriate approach to Covid – not just for himself, but for the nation – and also his entire fake personality.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That was an outlier though. If you look at polls for that week, most had Clinton with a 2% lead (the Washington Post had her with a 5% lead and Reuters a 6% one but to counter-balance that, the LA Times had Trump with a 2% lead).

The difference this time is that all the polls are showing Biden with a healthy lead - around 8% on average

Biden can be as far ahead in the polls as he likes, Trump can still make certain states declare early and force a victory through, which was partly to do with him trying to get Amy Coney Barrett appointed as the new supreme judge. He is trying to cling on to power and will try every dirty trick in the book to do so, and that would include not going. This is going to be the most interesting election in years, not because one is so much better than the other (they are both dead ducks) but because it has the potential for large scale civil unrest and a president that refuses to go.

The moment Trump leaves the white house, he knows the wolves are circling and his tax problems will come to the fore, his loans will be called in and his businesses will collapse and finally his trophy wife will leave him penniless.

He deserves to suffer.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Can be as far ahead in the polls as he likes, he can still make certain states declare early and force a victory through, which was partly to do with him trying to get Amy Coney Barrett appointed as the new supreme judge. He is trying to cling on to power and will try every dirty trick in the book to do so, and that would include not going. This is going to be the most interesting election in years, not because one is so much better than the other (they are both dead ducks) but because it has the potential for large scale civil unrest and a president that refuses to go.

The moment Trump leaves the white house, he knows the wolves are circling and his tax problems will come to the forem, his loans will be called in and his businesses will collapse and finally his trophy wife will leave him penniless.

He deserves to suffer.

American idiots at war with themselves would make great TV! If huge swathes of them wiped eacxh other out it'd be doing the world a favour

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
American idiots at war with themselves would make great TV! If huge swathes of them wiped eacxh other out it'd be doing the world a favour

Well, that's probably the stupidest thing I've ever read on here, and I've read posts by Spence and that weird chap from Australia

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

not quite sure i would agree with that, given that would wipe out some of the wife and daughters family.
It does need a shake up yes, but there are vast swathes of the country that hate Trump, and to be fair a vast majority of the country is literally no better than a third world country affecting all races and as usual the poor man marches as the rich man beats his drum allegedly in their cause.

It is rich white America that is scared of change, black, white, hispanic, whatever would embrace change given the chance and shown what good it can do.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
As he sits and tweets from an empty White House has he mentioned Melania's health?

Wonder if he'll bring up Drug testing for the next debate with sleepy Joe....................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here