Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump under fire.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
How do people feel when propaganda is used like David Lammy describing Trump as a neo nazi sympathising sociopath? Surely this is the far left pushing to far?
This man is now our foreign secretary and Keirs judgement on another loose cannon squashed onto his front bench. Starmers judgement could be fundamental to his downfall.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How do people feel when propaganda is used like David Lammy describing Trump as a neo nazi sympathising sociopath? Surely this is the far left pushing to far?
This man is now our foreign secretary and Keirs judgement on another loose cannon squashed onto his front bench. Starmers judgement could be fundamental to his downfall.
Strong words (if true) but not far off the money. Sadly, our government is going to has to deal with crypto-fascists both in Europe and elsewhere. We've binned them here at least for the time being.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think you'd be best doing some research. David Lammy is a talented lawyer and more Conservative culturally than many on the other side of the house. He was a very good choice for Foreign Secretary.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This was from a Twitter post a few years back and it has been manipulated to make Lammy look bad. This is not what he said in response to the recent shooting.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Strong words but not far off the money. Sadly, our government is going to has to deal with crypto-fascists both in Europe and elsewhere. We've binned them here at least for the time being.
But if you use this type of language loud and proud you will get looney tunes characters acting on it. It's not needed and people are capable of judging others themselves.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you understand he can hold this view of Trump, and that this does not mean any desire for anyone to shoot Trump?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think Lammy is correct in his description of Trump.

I bet you love it when Hard Right politicians make controversial remarks about their political opponents - "They're saying it like it is", "Free-speech is sacrosanct", "Good on 'em for defying Cancel Culture" - but can't bear it when a Left-leaning politician says something unflattering about a Hard Right politician.

As always, you Right-wingers can dish it out, but you can't take it when you're on the receiving end. You lot are the real easily-triggered snowflakes, wallowing in a permanent sense of victimhood.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But if you use this type of language loud and proud you will get looney tunes characters acting on it. It's not needed and people are capable of judging others themselves.
This is not hate speech it is a fact, Trump is crypto fascist at a minimum

As for America it is full of people with guns, they kill each other all the time. Amazed its taken this long for something like this to happen.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Trump is the leading proponent of using derogatory terms and insults to smear or ridicule his political opponents and critics.

The narcissitic Man-Child loves insulting people, and pandering to his adoring supporters at public rallies (he is a typical demagogue who likes whipping-up emotions and hysteria through provocative speeches and inflammatory language, just like Hitler did), but apparently, his critics should abide by Queensberry Rules by adhering to courtesy, dignity and respect.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe Lammy has judged Trump for himself, and then shared his thoughts on Twitter.

Are you suggesting that people should censor their thoughts and judgements just in case their is a looney who is going to act on them?

This doesn't sit well with me, you haven't posted a link to Lammys comments but my guess is that it falls someway short of insighting violence, or hate speech.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, do f*** off. You're a massive bore already and you've only been here five minutes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This was from a Twitter post a few years back and it has been manipulated to make Lammy look bad. This is not what he said in response to the recent shooting.
Then @Right Brain Ronnie is a shit-stirring WUM. Who knew? :shrug:

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
I think you'd be best doing some research. David Lammy is a talented lawyer and more Conservative culturally than many on the other side of the house. He was a very good choice for Foreign Secretary.
I wouldn't say I know much about the guy, so your point is fair, what I do know is he said it and I have not seen anything to prove his statement it all open to his interpretation and he is using it as propaganda and a few years later he is now messaging him like a caring pal. I don't take to mask wearers, and there are many in politics and life.
Yes I know, how do you feel it was manipulated?
you understand he can hold this view of Trump, and that this does not mean any desire for anyone to shoot Trump?
Nice and patronising, 👍 of course he can hold the view, but if he comes out spouting it, he will cause hatred and that can lead to.........just about anything in the mind of a looney tune.
I think Lammy is correct in his description of Trump.

I bet you love it when Hard Right politicians make controversial remarks about their political opponents - "They're saying it like it is", "Free-speech is sacrosanct", "Good on 'em for defying Cancel Culture" - but can't bear it when a Left-leaning politician says something unflattering about a Hard Right politician.

As always, you Right-wingers can dish it out, but you can't take it when you're on the receiving end. You lot are the real easily-triggered snowflakes, wallowing in a permanent sense of victimhood.
I am not hard right, so end of story, they are just as bad.
This is not hate speech it is a fact, Trump is crypto fascist at a minimum

As for America it is full of people with guns, they kill each other all the time. Amazed its taken this long for something like this to happen.
Of course it's hate speech, as is what you're saying, but yours is confined to a few on here......hopefully your not involved in the world of hate and propaganda called X.
I agree there are way too many guns, to reverse that would take generations, but it has to be done to a degree.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think your spelling has improved remarkably in the last 24 hours.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His posting style reminds me of someone who used to frequent here....
Indeed. It takes malignancy of purpose to search and find a quote from some years ago and use it to pretend this is the labour government's current response to the shooting of Trump.

As someone with autism I find his strapline and user name offensive. Neurodiversity is not an excise for gaslighting a football forum.

My guess is he's made that up deliberately to mock the likes of those of us who are open about our neurodiversity.

As I said, malignancy of purpose. The post to which we are replying wasn't a 'mistake'. It required active research followed by a decision to misrepresent. Almost like Trump and Farage themselves.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Indeed. It takes malignancy of purpose to search and find a quote from some years ago and use it to pretend this is the labour government's current response to the shooting of Trump.

As someone with autism I find his strapline and user name offensive. Neurodiversity is not an excise for gaslighting a football forum.

My guess is he's made that up deliberately to mock the likes of those of us who are open about our neurodiversity.

As I said, malignancy of purpose. The post to which we are replying wasn't a 'mistake'. It required active research followed by a decision to misrepresent. Almost like Trump and Farage themselves.

I agree, watching someone weaponising neuro diversity (actual or imagined) is raising red flags with me.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree, watching some weaponising neuro diversity (actual or imagined) is raising red flags with me.
The amount of devious calculation that went into the Lammy post is raising red flags with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here