Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
He's easily that stupid. That's not to say I think this was staged, I doubt it was. But not because Trump isn't stupid enough. He is extremely stupid.
Unfortunately not so stupid that he has already been US president once and looks somewhat likely to get the position again. However I have to wonder if he is not simply a puppet that has no idea it is a puppet.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
How come assassins or would be assassins of US presidents or would be presidents are often known by three names, John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Junior, Thomas Matthew Crooks, Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan,
Most people have at least one other name. Giving all of them prevents Thomas mark Crooks from being mistaken for Thomas mathew crooks

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Unfortunately not so stupid that he has already been US president once and looks somewhat likely to get the position again. However I have to wonder if he is not simply a puppet that has no idea it is a puppet.
Oh for sure. He might not be a puppet exactly, but the reason a lot of otherwise smart people support him is because they know he has no real principles, but they can manipulate him to do all the crazy ass things they've long wanted to do. Like ban abortion nationwide.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Oh for sure. He might not be a puppet exactly, but the reason a lot of otherwise smart people support him is because they know he has no real principles, but they can manipulate him to do all the crazy ass things they've long wanted to do. Like ban abortion nationwide.
The crazy thing from what I am hearing the country is so ideologically divided people are now talking about the possibility of civil war

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
If he’s a puppet, who do you think is pulling the strings? Another absurdity.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
If he’s a puppet, who do you think is pulling the strings? Another absurdity.
Not at all, have a look into who bankrolled the push to get rid of Roe vs Wade, that didn't just happen in a vacuum, look into Leonard Leo, https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/23/leonard-leo-us-judiciary-wisconsin-north-carolina and how he spent decades working to achieve it. Look into Christian Nationalism in the US and you will find all kinds of well-funded organisations with a lot of power pulling strings, getting laws changed and people elected. I am not talking Illuminati here, rather, well organised groups with a shared goal and the ability to see those goals come to fruition. This is causing a major schism between the US electorate and has some pundits discussing the possibility of civil war, probably a bit hyperbolic, but it shows the effect all this is having.

Last edited:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
My guess is the shooter is right wing, and the thought process behind killing Trump would be chaos, where militias and right wing groups would rise up and take control.
From what I have read he was a registered Republican who has also fundraiser for left leading Democrats. But I think you are correct, this will catapult Trump into a second term, and if it doesn't who knows what may happen.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Time to dust off the old blue and 'gray.' Clint Eastwood can be in charge of the blue, and Chuck Norris the grey.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
If you are going to be shot the best possible place is a fleshy ear-lobe. Just saying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately not so stupid that he has already been US president once and looks somewhat likely to get the position again.

The fact that he's been elected president by the people of America is not a sign that he's intelligent

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Time to dust off the old blue and 'gray.' Clint Eastwood can be in charge of the blue, and Chuck Norris the grey.

You mean the federation on one side, the union on the other side? Me right smack in the middle? Uh uh. Too dangerous. So long.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just seen a report on ABC News that Crooks was rejected from the High School rifle team because he was such a bad shot, to the point of being dangerous.
Maybe becoming a "would be assassin" shouldn't have been top of his career list....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here