Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump makes the main board but Johnson doesn't.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
... and I thought it was safe and reasonably pleasant here again, do we really need to debate something that was annexed off for the very reason that the vast majority don't want it?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
... and I thought it was safe and reasonably pleasant here again, do we really need to debate something that was annexed off for the very reason that the vast majority don't want it?
Generally would agree with you, but this one's turned out to be rather fun!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What an utter car crash of a thread to start the day with. Right, let's do this....

When I created The Bear Pit and moved the binfests-of-the-moment to it, other mods asked me about the Trump thread. I'll say to you as I said to them: it was a thread I'd not visited for many months but, when I did check on it at that time, the last few pages seemed broadly amicable. There were none of the regular right v left going-nowhere-at-all hostilities, so it remained.

It will, however, be moved to TBP should that happen. Please note: this is not an invitation for someone/people to go and do that now.

A broader point on TBP: My intention was that NO new threads get started there. All threads get started here and they will be moved to TBP if they become toxic and hostile with two sides get increasingly bitter, whilst at the same time persuading absolutely no-one of their point of view. The only reason threads can be started in TBP is that I set the sub-forum up incorrectly when I created it.

This is Covid discussion and, per broad consensus does not belong on the main board. There are regular "how are Boris et al getting on with Covid?" threads in the Covid-19 sub-forum. In fact, as I type this, and without going away to check, I'm pretty sure you start most of them. Which has me wondering if you think your threads aren't getting the limelight you feel they deserve.

Let's be clear: you also didn't start this thread to be a mature discussion about the British government, you started this thread to discuss supposedly different treatments between a thread on Trump and a thread on the UK government. As I've already covered above, there is absolutely no difference at all, despite what you think and may still maintain.

In now trying to make this a thread about UK government performance, you've taken your own thread off-topic.

No, no we can't change the title because if someone opened a thread called "British Government" your opening post does not discuss that in any way.

I'm taking the dog out now. I can't wait to see where this has gone In an hour or so.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

Please can I request that if a poster or two try to hijack the Trump thread, for the own UK political crusade, that the Mods give them a warning and if unheeded, they get banned from the thread.

Why allow them to ruin a good thing?

The Trump thread, also the one you created about the US covid epidemic, work very well.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Why would you start a new thread? You seem to be quite happy posting snide little anti-Boris or anti-Brexit posts on to perfectly harmless threads about something entirely different.

Bear pit. Tic toc tic toc..........

The man is obsessed.:rolleyes:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What an utter car crash of a thread to start the day with. Right, let's do this....

When I created The Bear Pit and moved the binfests-of-the-moment to it, other mods asked me about the Trump thread. I'll say to you as I said to them: it was a thread I'd not visited for many months but, when I did check on it at that time, the last few pages seemed broadly amicable. There were none of the regular right v left going-nowhere-at-all hostilities, so it remained.

It will, however, be moved to TBP should that happen. Please note: this is not an invitation for someone/people to go and do that now.

A broader point on TBP: My intention was that NO new threads get started there. All threads get started here and they will be moved to TBP if they become toxic and hostile with two sides get increasingly bitter, whilst at the same time persuading absolutely no-one of their point of view. The only reason threads can be started in TBP is that I set the sub-forum up incorrectly when I created it.

This is Covid discussion and, per broad consensus does not belong on the main board. There are regular "how are Boris et al getting on with Covid?" threads in the Covid-19 sub-forum. In fact, as I type this, and without going away to check, I'm pretty sure you start most of them. Which has me wondering if you think your threads aren't getting the limelight you feel they deserve.

Let's be clear: you also didn't start this thread to be a mature discussion about the British government, you started this thread to discuss supposedly different treatments between a thread on Trump and a thread on the UK government. As I've already covered above, there is absolutely no difference at all, despite what you think and may still maintain.

In now trying to make this a thread about UK government performance, you've taken your own thread off-topic.

No, no we can't change the title because if someone opened a thread called "British Government" your opening post does not discuss that in any way.

I'm taking the dog out now. I can't wait to see where this has gone In an hour or so.

The reason you don't see hostilities is because it's gotten so bad and so extreme in the conspiracies and attacks on anyone not agreeing with everything posted in that thread that everyone that doesn't subscribe to the hivemind has left. It's just an echo chamber now.

Never forget that the thread started out treating Louise ****ing Mensch as the most reliable and wonderful news source to ever exist :lolol::lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The reason you don't see hostilities is because it's gotten so bad and so extreme in the conspiracies and attacks on anyone not agreeing with everything posted in that thread that everyone that doesn't subscribe to the hivemind has left. It's just an echo chamber now.

Never forget that the thread started out treating Louise ****ing Mensch as the most reliable and wonderful news source to ever exist :lolol::lolol:

One bloke has tweeted, spoken and fakebooked 20,000 lies since January 2016 and I don’t mean Tyrone Biggums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here