Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
its only 3 points taken into context with the balls up vs Crewe and beyond and our league pos we are far from being sucked into a relegation battle we also were very lucky WHU didnt score especially early on, 1 game wont keep us up

Go smoke a stick of dynamite, you boring old fart.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
"show some respect" jesus, wake up you typical senile old East London 'good ol boy'.

Mind you, robbie on there had the best avatar i've ever seen.

Unigeeza

Aug 22, 2003
I sat in the East Stand upper and had a few drinks in the Bolyn earlier. It was only me and my mate so we had to be very careful and did not draw any attention to ourselves.

..Until the goal.. I have never been in a home end before and something automatic came over me when we scored. I stood up and shouted yes.. and then came to my senses very quickly and sat down. I am glad that we sat in the east stand as this stand seemed to be quite civil. After that most people around us knew that we were Brighton fans, but did not do anything.

At the end we even chatted to a few of the West ham fans. All I can say is that if you do not take the piss and even say a few complimentary things about their team, it keeps you out of trouble.

The Brighton fans were noticed by most of the west ham fans around us. One said "That is support!", Many were taking pictures on their mobile phones at our support. From my view Brighton fans did our team very proud. The noise was at times unbelievable

Kev the Ape

claridgenov12.jpg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
saafend_seagull said:
how did we sound for those sitting in the west ham end?

Very good. It was even more noticeable because West Ham didn't sing at all.

Lots of comments about the great support from around me in the Doc Martens upper, and from the West Ham fans I got a lift home from.

I think there must have been a lot of us in the home ends, as I recognised and spoke to others who were very close to where I was. We talked openly on the way out about how good a win it had been, how we'd have rather been in the away end celebrating madly, etc, and got no hassle from the home supporters.

Unigeeza said:
I sat in the East Stand upper and had a few drinks in the Bolyn earlier. It was only me and my mate so we had to be very careful and did not draw any attention to ourselves.

..Until the goal.. I have never been in a home end before and something automatic came over me when we scored. I stood up and shouted yes.. and then came to my senses very quickly and sat down. I am glad that we sat in the east stand as this stand seemed to be quite civil. After that most people around us knew that we were Brighton fans, but did not do anything.

At the end we even chatted to a few of the West ham fans. All I can say is that if you do not take the piss and even say a few complimentary things about their team, it keeps you out of trouble.

The Brighton fans were noticed by most of the west ham fans around us. One said "That is support!", Many were taking pictures on their mobile phones at our support. From my view Brighton fans did our team very proud. The noise was at times unbelievable

I'd echo all that. Was in the Boleyn beforehand too, what football history that pub must have seen - honoured to have a few pints in there.

I was in the left-hand corner to our fans, where the trouble occured in the West Ham end.

Alas, the situation was partly provoked by us, unneccessarily I feel. The Albion fans in the corporate boxes were large-ing it up during the first half and then obviously things went out of control very quickly after the goal. The police quite rightly went in and sorted them out - they were total idiots and did not respect their surroundings.

Am not quite sure if other Albion fans in the normal home seating joined in with them, but at least they had the good sense to shut up after the first half.

There was a guy who was battered who run to the front who I guess advertised his presence too much. Later on, another was pulled out by the police.

The West Ham fans were so enraged they even started on their own stewards. Two stewards at least suffered bad assaults by West Ham fans.

What made this very sad was this was Junior Hammers Day. Where I sat, there was dads with young daughters everywhere you looked. Policing was very low key, I guess they thought they could take the day off for this fixture.

All the worst violence happened right in front of these poor kids. Well done the West Ham dads who took them home well before the whistle.

A few sour moments in an otherwise brilliant day, and alas our fans have to accept some of the blame.

saafend_seagull said:
how did we sound for those sitting in the west ham end?

The away end fans sounded brilliant. What really seemed to start you guys off was Zamora's arrival. All the West Ham where I was sat were laughing at "you should have joined a big club".

Exemplary support.

That's the one!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
London Irish said:
our fans have to accept some of the blame.

Heartwarming.Don't tell me Eastenders don't 'large it up' wherever they go.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
i was sat next to the segregation to the right of you guys and you sounded FANTASTIC !
how i kept my mouth shut when we scored i'll never know!
and the end of the game we stayed in our seats until the home fans had gone, so i asked one of the coppers if i could come over and join you lot for a sing song, he said "i thought you was brighton you looked fit to burst when you scored , go on over you've deserved it "the copper:bowdown:
and as for the west ham support:nono: all they did was slate there own players they we're terrible but you do have to admit it did sound good when they ALL sang bubbles !
but the boelyn was great before the game a true football pub !

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The West Ham stewards were pretty decent. We stood up throughout the game which always helps the singing.

Romford

Oct 31, 2004
Well it wasn't me the done it.....

The "Fans" in the corporate box were giving grief to early arrivals from 2pm !!

That made the situation for any Brighton fans sitting in WHU areas worse as these mugs had been winding everyone up. I've been reading this forum for the last few weeks and even put don't "Give it the large" but some people did ...

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I was pleased to see certian members of the Hammers crowd appluad us on their way out. Seemed a decent bunch!

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Buckingham said:
There were punches thrown by both sides, just to my right, it was a bit daft of the Albion fan. Looking at some of the people around me, I wouldn't have fancied my chances of surviving if I had celebrated our goal.

It was a bit "tasty" loads of Grant & Phil mitchell types but we got the points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here