Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trouble in worthing?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2010/10/albion-fans-buck-trend-of-rising-hooliganism/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Albion fans buck trend of rising hooliganism

Police chiefs have expressed concern about a rise in football hooliganism.

The Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) also said that the number of young hooligans is going up.

Acpo spokesman Assistant Chief Constable Andy Holt set out his fears less than a week after six arrests were made at a match featuring Brighton and Hove Albion’s opponents today – Bournemouth.

However, by late evening Sussex Police said that no football-related arrests had been made before, during or after Albion’s 1-1 draw with Bournemouth.

And the most recent official figures – published by the Home Office – show that Albion have some of the country’s best behaved fans.

The three main measures are

* the total number of orders banning fans from football grounds
* the number of banning new banning orders imposed
* the numbers of arrests made

Fifteen banning orders were in force for Albion fans on Tuesday 10 November 2009, compared with 162 for Cardiff City fans and 124 for Leeds fans – the two highest totals.

Brighton had the 63rd highest number of banning orders in place out of the 92 Football League and Premiership clubs.

Only one new banning order was imposed in the reporting period which was from Friday 31 October 2008 to Tuesday 10 November 2009.

Brighton shared 77th spot with five other clubs in the table of new banning orders, with ten clubs able to boast that no fans were handed a ban during the year.

And just eight fans were arrested during the 2008-09 season, the most recent for which figures are available.

Two of the arrests were at home games and six at away games.

Six of the arrests were for public disorder, one was for going on the pitch and the other was drink related.

No Brighton fans were arrested for violence, having a weapon or chanting racist abuse.

Out of the 92 League and Premiership clubs, Brighton had the 72nd best record for the number of arrests.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Didn't you mention your son Wookie? How about you give up loving a sniff of hoolie action...
Read my post again, all i said was trouble in worthing, lots of police. You were the one who mention football hoolies. And why mention my son? Weird !

Lush

Mods' Pet
Heard it kicked off in town before the game as well.

012010oldmanfight.jpg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Been arranged for weeks. When I was down in Bournemouth for the Spurs friendly in July, about 30 of them turned up outside the pub I was in with my girlfriend .. luckily someone got in touch with them telling them Spurs didn't travel and they went away.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just spoken to my Dad who lives in Worthing and he tells me BHA went looking for Bournemouth in Town but got run all over Worthing by Bournemouth who were eventually rounded up and put on the train back towards Southampton\Bournemouth.

Bad day all round disapointing last minute cock up and then run ragged by the Notorious Bournemouth Hoolies.

Your dad is unfortunatly blind then..sorry

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Just spoken to my Dad who lives in Worthing and he tells me BHA went looking for Bournemouth in Town but got run all over Worthing by Bournemouth who were eventually rounded up and put on the train back towards Southampton\Bournemouth.

Bad day all round disapointing last minute cock up and then run ragged by the Notorious Bournemouth Hoolies.

How un true do you want to be, old bill were run ragged all day hence why the overkill.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2010/10/albion-fans-buck-trend-of-rising-hooliganism/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Albion fans buck trend of rising hooliganism

Police chiefs have expressed concern about a rise in football hooliganism.

The Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) also said that the number of young hooligans is going up.

Acpo spokesman Assistant Chief Constable Andy Holt set out his fears less than a week after six arrests were made at a match featuring Brighton and Hove Albion’s opponents today – Bournemouth.

However, by late evening Sussex Police said that no football-related arrests had been made before, during or after Albion’s 1-1 draw with Bournemouth.

And the most recent official figures – published by the Home Office – show that Albion have some of the country’s best behaved fans.

The three main measures are

* the total number of orders banning fans from football grounds
* the number of banning new banning orders imposed
* the numbers of arrests made

Fifteen banning orders were in force for Albion fans on Tuesday 10 November 2009, compared with 162 for Cardiff City fans and 124 for Leeds fans – the two highest totals.

Brighton had the 63rd highest number of banning orders in place out of the 92 Football League and Premiership clubs.

Only one new banning order was imposed in the reporting period which was from Friday 31 October 2008 to Tuesday 10 November 2009.

Brighton shared 77th spot with five other clubs in the table of new banning orders, with ten clubs able to boast that no fans were handed a ban during the year.

And just eight fans were arrested during the 2008-09 season, the most recent for which figures are available.

Two of the arrests were at home games and six at away games.

Six of the arrests were for public disorder, one was for going on the pitch and the other was drink related.

No Brighton fans were arrested for violence, having a weapon or chanting racist abuse.

Out of the 92 League and Premiership clubs, Brighton had the 72nd best record for the number of arrests.
Of course it will be super low at withdean as we don't get any away fans and nobody likes the ground.:lolol:

I would expect it to be super low for home games,the amex and 2k+ away fans will change that very quickly:thumbsup:

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Been arranged for weeks. When I was down in Bournemouth for the Spurs friendly in July, about 30 of them turned up outside the pub I was in with my girlfriend .. luckily someone got in touch with them telling them Spurs didn't travel and they went away.

Why do you think its been arranged for weeks?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Of course it will be super low at withdean as we don't get any away fans and nobody likes the ground.:lolol:

I would expect it to be super low for home games,the amex and 2k+ away fans will change that very quickly:thumbsup:

and the next figures will include Southend,Villa and Soton away which will mean 15 arrests minimum...these figures dont really mean much though,apart from Millwall have loads of knobbers who chuck stuff at away fans infront of the police resulting in an easy arrest/banning order

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
and the next figures will include Southend,Villa and Soton away which will mean 15 arrests minimum...these figures dont really mean much though,apart from Millwall have loads of knobbers who chuck stuff at away fans infront of the police resulting in an easy arrest/banning order

I think there is 25 plus arrests at least now!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
50+ for afcb,mmmm,wher were they at millwall,cardiff,leeds etc,not beingfunny,but bournemouth had their day out last sat v southampton

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
2400 views eh

If they are like me, they probably pressed the next thread link on the last thread as opposed to taking an active interest in emotionally immature males living out a Football Factory fixation.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Leeds ???? and not talking about the pumphouse either, plus I believe there is a lot of youth coming through now which brighton haven't had in ages.

Some of us old lags (Uncle Monty, Scratchcard Steve, Teflon Pete, The Prowler and Big Vern) have come out of retirement as a special request to show the pups some of the ITK rules of engagement.

It don't necessarily mean that HACC are reforming, but it don't mean that we're not reforming either, savvy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here