Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble In Portugal - It Aint Fair

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
34064 Fighter Command said:
I'd rather they were tried and convicted abroad, & left to rot in a foreign jail. If they commit a crime in a foreign Country, they should accept the punishment metered out by that country.

Why should getting arrested guarentee them a free ticket home at our ( taxpayers ) expense ?

Because it would be their taxpayers paying to feed them and keep them in prison.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Some of you lot really make me laugh.

Yet again, and for the umpteenth time, the English fans are causing more problems at an international football tournament than the fans of the rest of the participating countries put together, but still you are looking to make excuses for the abysmal violent behaviour of a load of pissed-up louts.

You suggest that the media are over-reacting, the police are over-reacting, the trouble is down to English holiday-makers as opposed to English football fans (as if that makes a difference!), and the English are somehow being provoked.

What a load of old bollocks.

The irony is that if it was Welsh fans who were out there now smashing up bars and getting themselves involved in violent clashes with the Portuguese police, then the same people who are currently bleating about media and police over-reactions would instead be describing Wales as a Third World country full of Neanderthals, and would be calling for us to be kicked out of the tournament.

Face facts: the English have a serious hooligan problem. End of story.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
GUNTER said:
I am getting f***ed off with all this shit about "England" supporters causing trouble "for the second night in a row".

This so called trouble is the action of a few drunken yobs (who probably don't even really follow football and have probably jumped on the bandwagon anyway) and a heavy handed police force who feel the need to baton charge every possible bystander including last night a TV crew.

What is wrong with the media in this country that they cant see that. It is given far too much publicity. :angry:

Totally agree,as anyone who was over there.Did anyone see any real trouble after the France game ? The fans were on good behaviour has this been praised ? After the problems of getting into the ground it was enough to test anybody but no real trouble apart from removing some fencing to help ease congestion.The trouble is 3-4 hours away from Lisbon in a holiday resort where they possibly have trouble all summer due to the cheap drink and very late nights.All I found was good friendly banter amongst all nationalities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here