Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble In Portugal - It Aint Fair

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

If you look at the foriegn students who visit our shores from Easter through to Late summer, you dont see them getting pissed up, singing war songs outside the bars ( in fact I would venture to suggest they dont do that in their own country) Why do the English want to do so? It is beyond me [/B]

Imagine the outcry if they did! If they took over entire streets of bars, fighting locals, abusing women and throwing up all over the place. Infact I imagine the most annoyed about it would be the exact same twats who do the same things abroad.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
It does seem slightly odd to classify these as "Football supporters creating havoc" - as far as I can tell, it's a load of idiots having a punch-up at the same time as a football tournament - in what way are they different from those causing similar trouble in Ibiza, Faliraki etc. at any other time - they are in the most touristy bit of Portugal, and have nothing to do with the England supporters:censored:

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
It does seem slightly odd to classify these as "Football supporters creating havoc" - as far as I can tell, it's a load of idiots having a punch-up at the same time as a football tournament - in what way are they different from those causing similar trouble in Ibiza, Faliraki etc. at any other time - they are in the most touristy bit of Portugal, and have nothing to do with the England supporters:censored:

But whatever way you look at it, its Englanders causing trouble abroad yet again. Someone made an excellent point earlier- imagine the outcry if, say, a large group of Portugese, Spanish or whatever came over here, took over the streets got blind drunk and start causing havok abusing us as locals?!? There'd be outcry! But it wouldn't ever happen! These yobs are never going to go away- and the sad fact is that the British youth of today are getting more and more yobish. Godknows what the people of this country will be like in 20 years time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
this might be a bit ' Dave the Gaffer' but like his drink driving comments

If you get arrested and sent home for misbehaving abroad, be it at football or not, why not confiscate the offendors passport . . .maybe just 6 months, maybe 5 years . . .depends what they've done

if a few years holidaying in Skegness and Blackpool doesnt teach them a thing or two ! :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nothing wrong with being a bit " Dave the Gafferish"

Birch the bastards:angry:

:angel:

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
I think that they have already done that to some extent over 2500 English football supporters are banned from attending this tournement.

Last edited:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
zefarelly said:
this might be a bit ' Dave the Gaffer' but like his drink driving comments

If you get arrested and sent home for misbehaving abroad, be it at football or not, why not confiscate the offendors passport . . .maybe just 6 months, maybe 5 years . . .depends what they've done

if a few years holidaying in Skegness and Blackpool doesnt teach them a thing or two ! :lolol:

I'd rather they were tried and convicted abroad, & left to rot in a foreign jail. If they commit a crime in a foreign Country, they should accept the punishment metered out by that country.

Why should getting arrested guarentee them a free ticket home at our ( taxpayers ) expense ?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Uncle Buck said:
I agree. There definelty seemed to be a new breed of supporters out in Lisbon on Sunday. Far more in colours and less of the blueberry etc.

mmmmmmmmm blueberry

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
agreed 34064 Fighter Command Spanish nicks not very nice apparently, neithers Portugese I bet.

DTG . . .if the birch wilts theres always the stocks, marvelous invention :eek:

it would appear from reports Ive read today, this is more of a 'lads on holiday' that hardened footy hooligans, which might explain why theyre fighting each other and random tables and chairs . . . just the usual national disgrace of the Brits abroad

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This business about trials abroad. Does anyone remember the eposide after the Hysel riots when all those Italian fans died.

There was a massed outcry by the British press for something to be done about the disgraceful scenes, but when it came to it, there was one Scouse lawyer ( I think he was in the Government at the time) who came on telly saying how all the Liverpool fans were blameless and it was the Italian fans fault for being at the wrong place at the wrong time and also Belgian officals fault for letting English fans into the Italian end. All the scousers were realeased, brought back home and got off scott free. I remember their pathetic whining as they had been locked in a cell where "everyone spoke foreign". His name was Harry something...but at the time my Dad was apoplectic with rage everytime he appeared on the telly. Derreck Hatton didn't half play the publicity game too going to Juventus to milk to sympathy, although I remember the families of those killed didn't want anything to do with him.

English football however suffered as we were banned from Europe for the next few years etc etc.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Hove&Albion F.C said:
But whatever way you look at it, its Englanders causing trouble abroad yet again. Someone made an excellent point earlier- imagine the outcry if, say, a large group of Portugese, Spanish or whatever came over here, took over the streets got blind drunk and start causing havok abusing us as locals?!? There'd be outcry! But it wouldn't ever happen! These yobs are never going to go away- and the sad fact is that the British youth of today are getting more and more yobish. Godknows what the people of this country will be like in 20 years time.

Granted, the English have a severe problem with behaving like cavemen when exposed to 30+ degrees temperatures, I can't understand what the readon could be for this, but the problem is society at large's, not footballs, hence throwing out England would do nothing to remedy this, it would just remove a convienient scapegoat

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Repugnant Toad said:
Granted, the English have a severe problem with behaving like cavemen when exposed to 30+ degrees temperatures, I can't understand what the readon could be for this, but the problem is society at large's, not footballs, hence throwing out England would do nothing to remedy this, it would just remove a convienient scapegoat

on the other hand its odd that 100 000 odd Brits attend LeMans every year, enjoy a long weekends motorsport (and this year England VS France whilst there) drink more than sufficient quantities of beer and theres absolutely no trouble at all . . . . and it was 30 degrees warm all weekend

plenty of good humoured banter though :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here