Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble at the Cherry Tree?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I left the Cherry Tree about 2.35 and walking to the ground there were about 50 Posh Burberry boys heading to the pub, though the police were with them. Apart from one "I'll have you, you c:censored: nt" from a particular wide necked, overweight, pasty faced gentleman there was no trouble.

Did it kick off in the pub, or was there any bifters after the game?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You must have been walking along the road about the same time as us.
We saw that too but I didn't hear of anything happening.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
More than likely!! I was given loads to dish out but, as I knew I was going to have my hands full with the flag, I was trying to get rid of them. :lol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We walked stright through the middle of them. Looked like they were just getting hearded away from the ground but i don't know why they would have headed for the Cherry Tree if that was the case.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
always the same at boro!!

everytime, and they are always waiting outside the ground, same old rubbish.

Albion Rob

As I came out of the Cherry Tree I could see a lot of Police trying to contain some thugs in the park, not sure if they were ours or theirs. Police seemed to be on top of the situation, but then it was really bizarre because Bouncer the dog from Neighbours started bounding towards them, the situation went from ugly to amusing in a matter of seconds.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Them firms can be a bit odd. One of the Reading lot was caught up in Peterborough brandishing a knife at a Posh fan (when we lost 1-0 in the 92nd minute) and they all went straight to the police. A bit hypocritical, surely?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Raphael Meade said:
dont they have some 'rules of engagement'!! like in a f***ing war film.

dont hit 'scarfers'
no weapons, etc etc...

how very honourable!!! :lolol:

That's what I thought too. Like a "Code of Conduct". But then bottle throwing seems to be OK... which is a bit odd ???

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
That's what's meant to seperate the real deal from the wannabes: how they act. The genuine hoolies keep to their own and fight other hoolies. This is great in principle, but there's so many wannabes out there who put on a Stone Island coat, think they're some kind of top boy when really they don't have a scooby, that regular supporters often end up getting smacked for no reason.

As I've always said: there's nothing wrong with hooligans, at least not the proper ones. It's the wankers who don't have a clue that ruin it for everyone else.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Cheshire Dolphin said:

As I've always said: there's nothing wrong with hooligans, at least not the proper ones. It's the wankers who don't have a clue that ruin it for everyone else.

It's the wankers who don't have a clue AND the wankers who are hooligans that are the problem. How can you condone hooliganism?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers Left Hand said:
It's the wankers who don't have a clue AND the wankers who are hooligans that are the problem. How can you condone hooliganism?

I think Chesh is using a pinch of salt and the slightest hint of irony in this post....

bha00

Banned
Sep 24, 2003
ive known a few hoolies and i got to know they support the club as much as everyon else and its all the kids that cause a problem?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
She looked a classy bird. I thought the Albion fans were going to serenade her with a classic or two from the terraces, but we were very restrained.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here