Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble at Half time

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Completly agree with Easy. It's not like we never go in the home ends at away games.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
should be no problem if they behave and if they were in the north stand they must have got tickets from our loyal season ticket holders so they are hardly likely to be thugs

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Well said easy 10. Just grow up the rest of you, that's why we all get treated like cattle because grown adults behave like kids at football sometimes. Get over yourselves. I reckon there were a few hundred non-albion but football supporters that went with us to the Millenium amongst the 30k. Nobody pointed them out to the stewards. FFS. Grow up, Leeds are a bigger club and just be grateful for the win we had and the income their fans brought. Last week we couldn't even sell our home seats v Coventry.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Gaffer said:
Well said Easy. I was amazed that so called football supporters pointed out away fans who were no trouble. It's another form of racism. I enjoyed today's game more than I can say but I was ashamed at the bigotry of some of our supporters

Absolute bollocks!!! No obvious away fans should be allowed in the home end. If they so much as clap when they score they should be chucked back in with their own fans. The simple reason for this is that it antagonises home fans - some of them anyway. If people are trying to work towards a violence free stadium then there is absolutley no way away fans should be able to mix with home fans. And the "another form of racism" bit is also bollocks.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Gaffer said:
It's another form of racism.

???

I don't have a particular problem with away supporters in the home end, just so long as they shut up if & when they score. Otherwise, they're just asking for trouble - which will end up involving people who never asked for it.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Gaffer said:
Well said Easy. I was amazed that so called football supporters pointed out away fans who were no trouble. It's another form of racism. I enjoyed today's game more than I can say but I was ashamed at the bigotry of some of our supporters

Absolute bollocks!!! No obvious away fans should be allowed in the home end. If they so much as clap when they score they should be chucked back in with their own fans. The simple reason for this is that it antagonises home fans - some of them anyway. If people are trying to work towards a violence free stadium then there is absolutley no way away fans should be able to mix with home fans. And the "another form of racism" bit is also bollocks.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I would be more worried about having to sit betwween 1066 Seagull and Kev the ape. If those 2 started their jabber I'm sure I'd thump the pair of em.

Live n let live, if it dont bite then dont fight.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chez said:
If a fan of the opposition antagonises a home fan to the point of violence merely by celebrating a goal, then who do you think has got the real problem there ?

"If they so much as clap when they score" ? Jees mate, get a grip. Fact is, come people DECIDE to make a big song and dance out of it so they can perform in front of an audience and show how "dyed in the wool ALBION" they are. Personally, I find it incredible how someone can show such hostility to another person they don't even know, just because that person dares to be happy when their team scores against ours. Honestly, its almost infantile.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
chez said:

Not sure about about the Racism link??? But sorry Chez, don't agree with away fans not being able to sit with home because where do you draw the line? Not talking about people turning up in Leeds shirts with a yorkshire pudding on their head waving banners with Emmerdale Farm are magic on them. But someone who's simply sitting with a friend from Brighton and simply claps their goals? Some people get annoyed by anything and that's their problem not the fan from another club. Christ have seen Brighton fans turning on themselves plenty of time. Obviously none of my sporting sentiments apply to Palace. They're scum and shouldn't be allowed in the city let alone Withdean......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
looney said:
I would be more worried about having to sit betwween 1066 Seagull and Kev the ape. If those 2 started their jabber I'm sure I'd thump the pair of em..
Or would you ram your cock into kevs ear and "fuckstart his brain".

:lolol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Easy 10 said:
If a fan of the opposition antagonises a home fan to the point of violence merely by celebrating a goal, then who do you think has got the real problem there ?

"If they so much as clap when they score" ? Jees mate, get a grip. Fact is, come people DECIDE to make a big song and dance out of it so they can perform in front of an audience and show how "dyed in the wool ALBION" they are. Personally, I find it incredible how someone can show such hostility to another person they don't even know, just because that person dares to be happy when their team scores against ours. Honestly, its almost infantile.
:clap:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Easy 10 said:

:clap: Last season I had a leeds supporting friend with me, I had a spare ticket so he was the first person I asked. Obviously last year was no problem as nothing for them to cheer about. But what abotu all these people who were annoyed about not getting (enough) tickets for tottenham and southampton, saying they're sitting in the home end because they hadn't sold out. It is sounding very hypocritical to me. Could understand if when they scored they turned round and started giving it large, but just to cheer your own team scoring is fine. I thought we were supposed to be the best fans in the country? We've got a bloody good way of showing it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was walking past when a Leeds fan was mouthing off to his mate....one of the Brighton fans...people know who he is, decided to take a swipe at him. I stepped in justy as the steward grabbed the brighton fan and was trying to calm him down....the old guy was caught when the leeds fan took a swipe at a few people and eneed up knocknig the old guy over.

It was handbags, but if teh Leeds fan had kept his mouth shut and not been so "mouthy" there would not have been a peroblem.

at the end of the day, there were a couple of leeds fans by us and they kept quiet...If you go away and sit in the away end you keep it shut...simple as.

B.M.F said:
what was all that about? I know Lord B and Dave the Gaffer where near it all when it happened and I know one Brighton fan got thrown out for going after a Leeds supporter but was it just the usual handbags stuff?

LB and DTG, can you shed some light on it?
I didn't see how it started, but it was an altercation between an Albion fan and a Leeds fan, who were separated by a number of onlookers.

I got involved only because there were two elderly, disabled spectators who got pushed in the scuffle. The elderly gentleman was pushed hard enough to require the attention of the SJAB people (who were called up by a steward).

After it was all over, the Albion fan involved in the scuffle spoke to the two elderly supporters and apologised to them. I then walked off towards the tea queue.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Re: Re: Trouble at Half time

Lord Bracknell said:
I didn't see how it started, but it was an altercation between an Albion fan and a Leeds fan, who were separated by a number of onlookers.

I got involved only because there were two elderly, disabled spectators who got pushed in the scuffle. The elderly gentleman was pushed hard enough to require the attention of the SJAB people (who were called up by a steward).

After it was all over, the Albion fan involved in the scuffle spoke to the two elderly supporters and apologised to them. I then walked off towards the tea queue.

That's pretty much what I saw... by the time i'd got back from the lav, the Police finally showed up and were taking statements from the Brighton fan... seemed like verbals just slightly out of control really.

I assume - from the blue, gold and white knitted scarf he was wearing - that the guy sitting in the seat next to me (front row, H Block) was a Leeds fan. I can't say I was bothered, although i'd question the wisdom of wearing the scarf.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I assume - from the blue, gold and white knitted scarf he was wearing - that the guy sitting in the seat next to me (front row, H Block) was a Leeds fan. I can't say I was bothered, although i'd question the wisdom of wearing the scarf.

I saw him in the burger area. Thought it a bit odd but didnt know for sure if he was Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here