Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble at Half time

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Brighton till i die said:
to be honest...and im not saying violence is good.....but if some of our lot we're in the home end at West Ham, Millwall, Cardiff, LEEDS etc.....you'd expect a right good pasting if your identity became apparent....

...thats why theres a f***ing home and away end!!:D

I wasn't complaining I was mearly stating the facts. As far as I'm concerned you go in the home end for an away game your asking for it. I ended up in the Home end at West Ham once a long time ago and just kept my mouth shut.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Man of Harveys said:
Totally agree. A lot of Leeds fans in the North stand today who cheered like they were at Elland Road when they scored. Most of them thankfully got thrown out pretty quickly but some managed to button up their exuberance when the stewards and police turned up.

You just don't do that, I think it's totally out of order.

What, try to get in the wrong end in the first place, or stay shtum when the Old Bill arrive?

(not a criticism of your post MoH, just seeking clarification)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I noticed many years ago at Old Trafford whenever a team scored the stewards immediatley turned and watched the crowd to see who was cheering in the different segregated areas and then chucked them out as a condition of the sale of the tickets was that they had to be supporters of the team whose area that they were in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whats the big f***ing deal ?

So a few Leeds fans were sitting in the home end. Christ, we're all FOOTBALL fans arn't we, just there to watch our teams play. I think any Albion fan who discovers an opposition fan amongst them and immediately feel compelled to report it to have them removed need to get a f***ing life.

As long as the away fan isn't being abusive to anyone, then can't we all behave like grown adults and get on with watching the game ?

Pathetic.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Screaming J said:
What, try to get in the wrong end in the first place, or stay shtum when the Old Bill arrive?

(not a criticism of your post MoH, just seeking clarification)

No, I've sat in with the home fans a few times, at Gillingham, for example, and we got thumped (it was a while ago). But cheering when you score is, I think, just plain wrong - it wasn't an option for me that day. And - as I saw at Withdean from one awful hag sitting in front of me, cheering OUR defenders mistakes was plain unacceptable. I told them what for rather loudly when we scored soon after.

Keeping schtum when the police turn up served no purpose to today's Leeds intruders anyway, about 20-30 Albion fans pointed them out to the police and stewards. Good riddance, I hope they heard our cheers from the M23.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Good point easy but still if some cockhead away fan cheers his team scoring I wouldn't want a punch up but I would be well tempted to tell him to shut the f*** up.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think if they are dont make a big deal out of a goal then thats fine, they are being grown up and watching the game HOWEVER if they cheer when they score then they should be removed.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Easy 10 said:
Whats the big f***ing deal ?

So a few Leeds fans were sitting in the home end. Christ, we're all FOOTBALL fans arn't we, just there to watch our teams play. I think any Albion fan who discovers an opposition fan amongst them and immediately feel compelled to report it to have them removed need to get a f***ing life.

As long as the away fan isn't being abusive to anyone, then can't we all behave like grown adults and get on with watching the game ?

Pathetic.

Yeah sure, let's have those lovely Leeds fans sitting amongst all the old folk and sponsors in the North stand. I mean, it's not like they have a bad reputation or anything. In fact, to make it a bit more sociable, seeing as we're all "football fans arn't we", let's have no segregation at all. Cardiff fans in with the family section and Brighton and Palace all discussing the game in a measured fashion together at Selhurst next year.:jester: :jester:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Obviously some will slip through but I think the point is if I go to Withdean I want to sit with Brighton fans not away fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Man of Harveys said:
Yeah sure, let's have those lovely Leeds fans sitting amongst all the old folk and sponsors in the North stand. I mean, it's not like they have a bad reputation or anything. In fact, to make it a bit more sociable, seeing as we're all "football fans arn't we", let's have no segregation at all. Cardiff fans in with the family section and Brighton and Palace all discussing the game in a measured fashion together at Selhurst next year.:jester: :jester:
Look, I'm not saying NO segregation obviously, you're just taking it to a ridiculous extreme. But there's bound to be a few that slip the net and get in the home end. If they're behaving like complete COCKS, being abusive and deliberately winding people up, then fine. Get rid of them. But if all they're doing is watching the game, then whats the big deal ? Are we INCAPABLE of accepting that there are football fans who (gulp) DON'T support the Albion sitting amongst us ? Well shock, horror. Call the police ! Call the stewards !

Even if they cheer when their team scores, so what ? Whats the big DEAL ? Why is it so offensive to fans sitting around them ? Honestly, adult human beings should really be able to cope a little better with this kind of thing without throwing hissy fits and demanding they be removed.

It IS pathetic.

Last edited:

Easy 10 said:
Look, I'm not saying NO segregation obviously, you're just taking it to a ridiculous extreme. But there's bound to be a few that slip the net and get in the home end. If they're behaving like complete COCKS, being abusive and deliberately winding people up, then fine. Get rid of them. But if all they're doing is watching the game, then whats the big deal ? Are we INCAPABLE of accepting that there are football fans who (gulp) DON'T support the Albion sitting amongst us ? Well shock, horror. Call the police ! Call the stewards !

Even if they cheer when their team scores, so what ? Whats the big DEAL ? Why is it so offensive to fans sitting around them ? Honestly, adult human beings should really be able to cope a little better with this kind of thing without throwing hissy fits and demanding they be removed.

It IS pathetic.

COMMUNISM works in theory. :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A mate of mine has a brother in law who is a Wolves fan. He sat with us for the home game vs Wolves (as one of our regulars couldn't make the game). He's the nicest fella you could wish to meet, and was (obviously) delighted when Wolves equalised. No, he didn't jump up and cheer, but he was clearly pleased. Should I have alerted the stewards ? Should I have told the police ? "Remove that man, do you realise he is a WOLVES fan ?"

Some of you lot need to get over yerselves.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Easy 10 said:

It IS pathetic.

Well said Easy. I was amazed that so called football supporters pointed out away fans who were no trouble. It's another form of racism. I enjoyed today's game more than I can say but I was ashamed at the bigotry of some of our supporters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally if I found myself sitting next to a Leeds fan at Withdean, then providing he's capable of stringing a coherent sentence together and is not intent on altering the shape of my head, then I'd be happy to take the opportunity to have a bit of a chat about our respective teams and how the season is going. I certainly wouldn't get all morally offended and DEMAND his removal, whether he cheered his lot or not.

Blimey, how do some of you cope if you're in a pub with fans of other teams ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here