Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard - How long

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's amusing to see so many on here pricing him out of the market, smacks of Zaha but in our own back yard.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If he keeps his form I could see him going to a club like Everton / west Ham for 30 mil next summer. If he has 2 wonderful seasons with us then Arsenal / Spurs for whatever the silly price is at the time.

Perhaps, by the time interest really hots up we will be higher in the league than Everton/West Ham, and aspire to be competing favourably with the likes of Arsenal or Spurs. Potter’s only been here five minutes. It all looks promising. Let’s talk about keeping the better players and improving the squad by getting rid of the dead wood, astute purchasing and bringing the kids on. Trossard will new OUR Hazzard.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We should be looking to sniff out more Trossards, not flog the ones we've already got. How else do you even start to put pressure on The Top Six? And lest we forget, fookin' LEICESTER won the PL just a year or two back. And the likes of Burnley and Wolves get to play in Europe. Are we really that different from any of those clubs? Of course we're not. We spent enough years playing against them relatively recently in the lower leagues. Sake! :rolleyes:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bloody hell 2 goals and now he’s worth £60M [emoji23]

Is that funny?

Consider Tony Blooms record of holding onto players he wants to keep. Then consider whether you think he is serious about us being a top 10 club, or if you think he's just mucking around .... Then have a think about what amount of money would make him think that selling Trossard would advance the club forward.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is that funny?

Consider Tony Blooms record of holding onto players he wants to keep. Then consider whether you think he is serious about us being a top 10 club, or if you think he's just mucking around .... Then have a think about what amount of money would make him think that selling Trossard would advance the club forward.

Quite. Who was the last player we sold to a 'big club', or even a bigger club since we got to the Amex?

Ulloa to Leicester City, maybe? That's about it, isn't it?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I started the thread because I was genuinely interested in why people are so sure he won't be with us for a decent amount of time.

I honestly can't see any club coming in with the type of offer we couldn't refused until he has consistently proven himself at this level.
Sure, maybe West Ham or Everton might try a derisory offer, but we all know that's pointless.

IMO, his value to us is likely to be way more than any offers made, for the next season and a half at least and probably longer than that.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s funny as a lot of us here (let’s be honest) were sick to the back teeth of cheap foreign players, especially in the light of how Locadia and AJ worked out.

But in Trossard we finally have one that has worked out and then some.

What a player. The defition of a game changer. A match winner.

A few of us are starting to say it, I’ll join in and agree this lad has the talent to go on to be one of our best ever players.

And if he goes, we can rightly charge SERIOUS coin.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The guy is unreal, he’s levels ahead of any of our other attacking players brain wise and I don’t mean that in a harsh way because we have some good attacking players but just watch his movement, his eye for a pass & weight of pass, his dribbling and close control and how much more creative and dangerous we are when he’s on. He’s one of the best players I’ve seen for us, people will say it’s too early too say that but I really don’t think it is. He’s that good.

I know we aren’t a selling club but people are deluded if they can’t see him being worth 40/50m after one season if he continues his current performances, he’s the exact kind of player who will attract huge attention from big European teams.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The guy is unreal, he’s levels ahead of any of our other attacking players brain wise and I don’t mean that in a harsh way because we have some good attacking players but just watch his movement, his eye for a pass & weight of pass, his dribbling and close control and how much more creative and dangerous we are when he’s on. He’s one of the best players I’ve seen for us, people will say it’s too early too say that but I really don’t think it is. He’s that good.

I know we aren’t a selling club but people are deluded if they can’t see him being worth 40/50m after one season if he continues his current performances, he’s the exact kind of player who will attract huge attention from big European teams.

No doubt that he will be worth that (arguably already is) . Just we wouldn't sell him for that. He is worth more than that to us.
We won't make it to 10th place without having players of that quality in the squad.

Trossard will have to be seen as an established premier league match winner, before the big clubs make an offer of more than he is worth to us.
That may be sooner, but personally I think it will take 2 full seasons of excellence, before anyone makes a bid worthy of consideration.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's tough isn't it?

We spend out time marvelling at the Albion's greatest ever squad then Trossard comes along and shows us just how much further the team has to go.

He'll get the customary new contract in the summer, which will only be the club's way of protecting themselves.

I'd hate to see him handcuffed to the Albion as that can only end in bitter acrimony, but I guess nowadays clubs really aren't so stupid as to put all their eggs in one basket - are they?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I started the thread because I was genuinely interested in why people are so sure he won't be with us for a decent amount of time.

I honestly can't see any club coming in with the type of offer we couldn't refused until he has consistently proven himself at this level.
Sure, maybe West Ham or Everton might try a derisory offer, but we all know that's pointless.

IMO, his value to us is likely to be way more than any offers made, for the next season and a half at least and probably longer than that.

And I think you’re right to call out the NSC populace on this.

What evidence is there that we sell our best players?

Even if Real Madrid come in for him, we can still tell them to bugger off and I believe that we would. The logic being, that whatever they offer next summer will probably double the summer after. Even then, I don’t think making money from selling players is Tony’s plan. He won’t have failed to notice Southampton.

I get the point that rejecting offers from massive clubs would probably require a bit of player management, but ultimately Leandro knows he signed a 4 year deal and short of going on strike doesn’t have a great bargaining position. We can probably stay up without him and he’s knows this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here