Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trialists

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Seagulls give Magpie a trial
by Andy Naylor

Albion are giving trials to young Newcastle right winger Martin Brittain and four Frenchmen, including former Crawley defender Leonard Mendy.

The quintet trained with the Seagulls yesterday and are all expected to feature in Saturday's opening pre-season friendly at Worthing (3pm).

Brittain's opportunities at St James' Park have been limited since joining Newcastle as a trainee in March 2004.

The 21-year-old made six first team appearances for the North-East giants last season in the intertoto, League and FA Cups.

Manager Mark McGhee is taking a look at Brittain as a potential replacement for French winger Seb Carole, who is on his way to Leeds on a free transfer.

The same agent responsible for introducing Carole and Alex Frutos to the Seagulls has brought the four French trialists across the English Channel.

Mendy, a centre half, was at Le Havre before signing for Crawley.

Striker Stephane Biakolo is also from Le Havre, Albion's hosts for a friendly later this month.

Zoumana Bagayoko is a leftback from Paris St Germain and Jaques Williams a central midfielder.

Fans can pay on the gate at Worthing but tickets are also available in advance from the ticket office by phone, post or in person. Seats are £11 for adults, £6 for under 16s and senior citizens. Terrace tickets cost £10 and £5.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This is the striker

Attachments

• biakolo_arrivee.jpg
    biakolo_arrivee.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,128

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Mendy won the player of the month award twice in three months at CT.... seems to be held in high esteem by the fans. Brittain seems a good option but hasn't he had injuries?

Biakolo has played for cameroon (not for Inter, didn't get a game). seemed to score quite a lot of NIort but failed in 13 games for Le havre. Seems a bit dodgy but is tall though only 80kgs... Molangoesque?.

I can't find anything at all on Bagayoko.

Found this on old Birmingham City website about Msr Williams:

Despite being born in Liverpool to an English mother, Jacques Williams grew up in France and was a member of the Bordeaux youth side when he came to the attention of Blues.
He travelled over for trial along with another promising French youngster Tresor Luntala in the summer of 1999 and both were quickly snapped up on three-year professional contracts.
Williams was involved in the England under-18 set-up last season.
He got a taste of first team action at St.Andrew's during the 2000/01 pre-season programme and stood out with his clever passing and vision.
A hernia operation has hampered his progress after making six appearances early in the season.

Looks to me like injury-blighted again. Anyone got anything else?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
haven't heard of any of them but this is all good news. At least we have now got our exotic sounding striker who has made the tea at some big clubs for us all to wank over for a couple of months.

happy !!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do I take it that the Frenchmen are not of white stock?

I want that Zoumana Bagayoko to sign, then I can cheese off Jim's missus in the shop when she has to put all those letters on the back of my new shirt

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
His season beginning is satisfactory, it marks 1 goal in 12 matches, but between often in game as joker. It attracts nonetheless the eye of the Cameroonian sélectionneur that the ************ for the CAN

Thats the best I can do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here