Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trialists

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
lizard said:
NO WE DON'T:censored:

Yes we do... we have just over a week to the start of the season, and we need someone who can fit into the side straight away... have you got a better suggestion?... if so, please do tell?...

Why are we somehow "above" a player like Ashby who has played at second-tier level for many years? People have some very strange ideas about what kind of team we are. It should be remembered where we have come from in recent years and the incremental steps we now need to take to hang on to our second-tier status.

We need a reliable, experienced player until Hinsh gets back in December - that's the object of the exercise, and we need to do it in a way that doesn't blow what little money we have that will be needed to develop other vital parts of the team.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
B.W. said:
Yes we do... we have just over a week to the start of the season, and we need someone who can fit into the side straight away... have you got a better suggestion?... if so, please do tell?...

I don't want us to just get a quick fix.
If we bought DC back it would feel like a step backwards.
If we lose the first couple of games so what? (lets be honest on recent form we're:censored: )
If i was MM i don't know who i'd buy but i certainly wouldn't buy DC back. I'd probably patch it up for the short term and then wait till i was sure on someone before blowing the transfer cash on a waste of space.
Anyway DC will want higher wages and he's off to Forest anyway!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I don't care how old a player is as long as he can do the job and gives his all. He at least deserves the chance to prove that before being written off as a no hoper.

I personally would be quite happy to have some solid experienced championship level (and above) players come in, do a good job and pass on their experience to the younger ones.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Why would mcghee say something so stupid about a new player? why would he waste funds on him?

IMO it would be a waste of money to sign DC.
I know he has a lot of support on here, but i'd like to be looking forward not backwards. It never seems to work when you get an old player back for a second time and what we would have to pay, both the fee and the wages, i think could be better spent.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
lizard said:
I know he has a lot of support on here, but i'd like to be looking forward not backwards. It never seems to work when you get an old player back for a second time and what we would have to pay, both the fee and the wages, i think could be better spent.

Sorry i ment talk about the new striker.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Sneaky George said:
Given that Butters played with Ashby for a long time at Gillingham and that we're "desperate" to get another Centre back in, you don't have to be a genius to work out that Butters has obviously had a word with McGhee about this player.

You dont have to be a genius you're right there, but he didnt didnt have a word, he was suggested by another member of staff. :ohmy:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Sorry i ment talk about the new striker.

Oh sorry, yeah that.
Why would he say that, surely he would think he was pretty decent to sign him. I was looking forward to see what gem MM had found for us and now i'm about as sure as MM seems to be.
I just hope is is decent!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As do us all im sure!

And what does it matter if Tank suggested a player anyway george? It shows that the players care about the team.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Why are we somehow "above" a player like Ashby who has played at second-tier level for many years? People have some very strange ideas about what kind of team we are. It should be remembered where we have come from in recent years and the incremental steps we now need to take to hang on to our second-tier status.

We need a reliable, experienced player until Hinsh gets back in December - that's the object of the exercise, and we need to do it in a way that doesn't blow what little money we have that will be needed to develop other vital parts of the team.

Bloody hell LI, a post of yours I (finally) agree with ;)

Too many fans have erased the dark days of the 90s when our club was a bit of a laughing stock, and donkeys like Peter Smith were voted player-of-the-season :nono:

Never felt so positive about a season, but that will all change after our 4-0 battering at Pride Park next week

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
lizard said:
I don't want us to just get a quick fix.
If we bought DC back it would feel like a step backwards.
If we lose the first couple of games so what? (lets be honest on recent form we're:censored: )
If i was MM i don't know who i'd buy but i certainly wouldn't buy DC back. I'd probably patch it up for the short term and then wait till i was sure on someone before blowing the transfer cash on a waste of space.
Anyway DC will want higher wages and he's off to Forest anyway!

So you're happy for us to lose a few at the start of the season?... remember Tinselhead?... be afraid, be very afraid!... we just cannot afford a slow start... EVERY point is vital to us...

When I said quick-fix, I just meant that DC would be up-to-speed more quickly then anyone else we could get in, simply because he knows most of our squad...

DC is not a waste of space!!...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
lizard said:

To repeat... on who, exactly?...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here